Monday 1 December 2014

6.30 1843 Part one

The spring of 1843 (Monte Vista)

“Is that it now?” Elvira looked at Daphne and smiled, “Yes.” They walked along the road when Elvira heard noises from the woods, “Daph, how about we cut through the woods to your place?”



“In this dress, the hem will get dirty and my boots will too. Let’s just stick to the path.” Elvira sighed and firmly said, “I throw you a thirtieth party and you won’t cut through the woods, what kind of friend are you?” Daphne watched her friend of ten years wander off into the woods so decided to follow her to make sure she was safe.
“See I knew you wouldn’t let me down.” Daphne held the bags tighter as they wandered deeper into the woods and when they came to a clearing they both stopped and stared. 



They watched as a man chopped wood as the sun beat down on his back and the sweat fell from his brow. 
He stopped for a brief moment and wiped his forehead with the back of his hand and then continued chopping at the wood.
Through her mind Elvira said, ‘Now that body I wouldn’t say no too.’ Daphne gasped and looked at Elvira and said, ‘Have some respect!’ 



The man looked up and smiled as he watched the woman approach him.
“Are we lost ladies?” 



Elvira being very forward said, “No but I could help you out of those trousers.” He put the axe down and stared at her, “A decent woman would not throw herself at a man. She would only be that forward with her husband, which I am not so kindly refrain from being so vulgar.” 



He glanced at Daphne who was embarrassed by Elvira and said calmly as he kissed her hand, “I am Lawrence Knight and you are?” Daphne giggled slightly and replied, “I’m Daphne Granger.”
“Pleasure to meet you Miss Granger. It is Miss isn’t it?” She stared into his big blue eyes and softly said, “Yes it is Miss.” He smiled at her and softly asked, “Good, may I call on you?” Daphne quickly took her hand away and said, “I’ll think about it, Mr Knight. Don’t you have someone?”
“I’m looking at her right now.” Daphne’s heart fluttered and she panicked, “Elvira we have to go.”



Elvira wasn’t happy but as she watched Daphne walk into the distance she turned back and said cheekily, “I’m Elvira Slayer.” He continued to watch Daphne wander back to the road and grunted at Elvira’s comment then picked up the axe and finished what he had started.



When they entered Daphne’s home Elvira said, “Why did you leave?” Daphne threw her bags on the table and said, “He was being very forward…”
“He was being charming and I for one wouldn’t have said no.” 



Daphne glared at her and yelled, “Then you have him.” Elvira spat back, “There is more to this now tell me.” 



Daphne sat down and grasped her hands together and said, “Once you are engaged as a woman you have no rights El.” Elvira sat next to her and said, “We will someday but you have to admit he is handsome.”
“El, I don’t want to be a woman with no rights, I want to be able to argue with my husband without being treated like a child, I want to have you know…”
“You mean sex; you can say it after all it’s only us here.”
“…have that when I want it too not only when he wants it. I hate these dresses so many layers to put on.”
“Daphne stop. He may not be that type of man and if he is walk away.” Daphne sighed and said, “But I could love him by then.”



Daphne was at the grocery store when she heard a familiar voice, “We meet again Miss Granger.”
“Mr Knight, how are you?” 



He smiled at her and said, “Much better now I’ve seen you. There is a dance this Friday and I was hoping you would do me the honour of accompanying me.” Daphne shied away and said, “I’m not one for social gatherings.” Lawrence rubbed his chin as he said, “Neither am I, so I could come to your place instead.” 



Daphne became angry and slapped him across the face and harshly said as the whole store looked on, “Mr Knight I don’t know what kind of woman you think I am but I am not that type. Only would I allow a fiancé or husband across my door not a stranger hoping to get fresh.” Daphne stormed out leaving her items behind. Lawrence rubbed his face and smiled and said to the owner, “Please put Miss Granger’s items on my account and make sure they are delivered to her promptly.”
“Yes Sir.” 



He quickly followed Daphne and when she was about to put the key in the door she heard, “Miss Granger please accept my apology. It was not my intention to offend you. The truth is I’ve never met anyone like you and if you let me, I can show you that I am an honest man, who leads a simple life but who needs love of a beautiful woman such as yourself.” 



Daphne turned and approached him, “I still won’t let you in my home.”
“I understand but I could still call on you and we could go for a stroll in the park…” She looked into his eyes and once again felt lost then replied, “You can call on me at seven o’clock Mr Knight.”
“And it will be my pleasure Miss Granger,” as his tipped his hat before walking away.



When Friday finally arrived all you could hear was Daphne trying to say, “El, I can’t breathe.”
“You’re not supposed to Daph it’s a corset now be quiet while I pull again.” Once she had tightened the strings Daphne said, “Now I can’t sit.”
“This could be your future husband so you have to look your best. You could have picked a man with money but I guess a respectful farmer will do.” Daphne looked at Elvira trying to catch her breath and said, “Don’t you have a date?” Elvira smiled, “If you can call getting pleasured a date then yes.”
“El, you have to save it for someone special, not give it to everyone.”
“I know you being forced to get engaged and him trying to evoke his martial rights with you scared you and I do understand that is why you ran. But Daphne you have a real chance at happiness, don’t blow it.”
“A thirty year old virgin, he will think I’m not worth the risk.” Elvira sighed as she said, “A thirty year old vampire is nothing, think about it as you will live forever.”
“I guess…” 
She then sat in front of the mirror and wondered what to do with her long hair that went half way down her back. As this was a date she chose to put half her brown hair up leaving the other half down.



Daphne did a twirl and asked, “How do I look?”
“He will be stupid if he doesn’t try anything tonight.”
“Elvira!”
“Sorry but it’s true.” 



She looked in the mirror and thought, ‘This dress was the right choice.’ The dress was a lace top with peach colour skirt to the floor with a black belt and this complimented Daphne’s slender figure. 

9 comments:

  1. Daphne is sweet and very independent, I hope she doesn't loose that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ivorybutterfly,

      Daphne was very different then and I hope she doesn't lost it either.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. ~ Daphne was so different back then,not at all like her self now,but then innocents was lost & replaced with a hard core of independents,& something else,that is a barrier to her being hurt again,she made her self tough!
    ~ Reading on.............(",)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karima,

      Daphne was very innocent then and I think its a shame it was lost along the way
      Reading on cool :)

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. In that corset pic, for a sec I thought you know, Elvira and Daphney were having a go at ! Lol, my bad!
    Anyway, great update! I enjoyed the history between Daphney, Elvira and Lawrence. They were all different people back then. Too bad they all lost a great deal of who they were along the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,

      Corset pic...Elvira and Daphne were having a go lol...love it lol.
      They were different back then and yes they lost a great deal :(

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  4. Interesting that Daphne had been friends with Elvira. Wonder what happened between them and what made Elvira so evil? Lawrence seems not so bad back than. It seems so sad that they lost so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danduloin240,

      Daphne and Elvira were friend but I think it was more friendship on Daphne's side than Elvira. What made Elvira evil ummm good question. They did lose a lot and Lawrence I think lost out more.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete