Tuesday 9 December 2014

6.31 Letting go

David looked miserable as he walked home. 



When he opened the door he called out but there was no answer. David felt numb as he walked in his room. He looked around and when he saw Daphne’s clothes on the floor, he felt a tear run down his face. He’d always promised never to pry into Daphne’s past but now he was dying it made no difference. David never thought that when Harmony brought him back from the grave that his illness would take hold once again and he would be on borrowed time. He knew the boys would be fine but it was Daphne he was more concerned about. 



He found her some of her old things in a box and as he scanned through her very old diary he found the name Lawrence Knight, he discovered that they were going to be married then he saw an address. He decided he was going to see this man while he still had the time.


When David arrived in Monte Vista he started asking about Lawrence because David knew he could have moved and soon had a vampire approach him and say, “What is your business with Lawrence?”
“I have something of a private nature to discuss with him.” The vampire grunted and firmly said, “Come with me.” 



When David entered the house he saw a man just standing there and David asked, “Are you Lawrence Knight?”
“I don’t deal with humans as a rule and you are not known to me. My boys are starving and you will be their lunch.” 



David held his ground as Lawrence started to walk away and said out loud, “We have a mutual interest and if I’m dead by your hand you will never be forgiven.” 



Lawrence was curious and turned back and asked with a laugh, “What could we have in common?”
“Two words for you, Daphne Granger.” Lawrence looked shocked and said, “Come with me and I’m not to be disturbed while this man is here.” 



David expected to be taken to a room within the house but instead Lawrence took him away from the property, to a small house about a mile away. 



When David entered the room he saw the picture above the fireplace and said, “Daphne looks so young and you…look different.”



Lawrence sat down and offered David a seat, “You don’t have long so what is it you want?” David thought for a moment and asked, “Why don’t I have long?”
“I have no control over my personality since Daphne broke our bond. So why are you here?” David took in what Lawrence said then asked, “Why would she break your bond?” 



Lawrence hated reliving that time but said with pain in his voice, “She was attacked by my twin brother, James. He didn’t want me to be happy and he thought she was a whore. The bruises on her,” Lawrence’s voice started to break, “It was just wrong so wrong but she genuinely thought I was the one who betrayed her because she didn’t believe me. She thought the twin part of my story was a lie.” David then asked, “Show your twin to her.” 



Lawrence lost his temper, “He is a dangerous man and I won’t put Daphne in harm’s way. Why are you here about her?”
David didn’t beat around the bush, “I am her husband but I’m dying and once I’m gone that is it. She needs someone and the parts of her old diary I read…well just let’s say she misses you. Perhaps because I also read a more recent entry from when she was pregnant…” 



Lawrence flew at him, “You married my Daphne and had a child together. That child should have been mine, you bastard…” David screamed at him, “She was my mistress at the time and I left her to return to my wife. The entry stated she longed for you to be by her side and she wished it was your baby. It’s nothing more than I deserve.” 



Lawrence stepped back and replied quietly, “She wanted me all these years and the baby…” 



He sat down in shock and couldn’t look at David, “What did she have?”
“We had a son.”
“His name?” David just stared at Lawrence and said, “He took his mother’s surname and I don’t blame him. It’s Estevan Granger…”



Lawrence stood up staring at David, “The same Estevan that took my niece Torri and yelled at me about Blair?” David looked deep in thought as he replied, “Sounds about right and one other thing, Blair is my son from my first marriage. Look does it matter about the boys? No because Daphne needs you her true love.”



“She won’t let me near her to explain…do you have any idea what it’s like to live in hell every day and know your life could have been so different. I could have been a father even a grandparent but here I am all alone.” 



David hit him and firmly said, “Stop feeling sorry for yourself and man up and tell Daphne the truth and well you are at it tell Torri the same.” Lawrence rubbed his jaw and said, “You have some balls for a human and I like that.”



“Well what will you do, Lawrence?”
“When you have died, I will go to her. Now you had better go and David thank you for listening to me.”
“Just look after Daphne and make her smile again.” 



After David left Lawrence heard though his thoughts, ‘Can’t keep me locked away forever. Then I will kill the whore.’
Lawrence screamed, “Leave her alone, you got what you wanted…Daphne left me because of you.”
“I couldn’t let you have babies with a whore. Besides after what Elvira told me, I was justified in my actions.’
“Elvira told you lies, she wanted me to cheat on my beloved Daphne and I wouldn’t so she came to you. You deserve each other…”



‘Enough Lawrence, I did what I did to protect our family name and I would do it again.’
“I want her back James and I will and you can’t stop me.” He heard his brother laugh and say, ‘I killed once and I can do it again.’

8 comments:

  1. I am looking for ward to the next chapter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poisonivy,

      I hope you won't be disappointed when you see what happens next :)

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. I don't know what to think about David going to see Lawrence. Not sure if I trust Lawrence especially with his history with Blair and Estevan, would Daphne take him back? His brother James sounds even worse and once he gets out no one will be safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DandyLion240,

      Lawrence loves Daphne, he is like he is because of a bond break. Blair broke his bond but lucky for him it only lasted 3 months. 170 years must have a worst effect on a person. Will Blair and Estevan be happy once they know, who knows? James is dangerous and if he gets out no-one will be safe especially Daphne.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. ~ Ooo! Intriguing!
    ~ This sounds juicy,can not wait to find out more!
    ~ James sounds like a male version of Elvira,& this is all because of what Elvira did/said to James! (James trusts Elvira over his Brother???)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karima,

      Intriguing, I hope so lol. I think James maybe the male version of Elvira shudders. James has always hated Lawrence for being able to get the girls or to be able to get along with the community. So to get back at his brother by any means would give him a thrill even if it means taking Elvira's version of events however distorted.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  4. I understand that David had good intentions and all, but going through Daphney's diary felt like an invasion of privacy IMO. And I'm not sure how she'd feel being shoved back into her ex's arms without her knowledge or consent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,

      David does have good intentions, going through a diary is an invasion but he feels because it from over a century ago it's ok. Me, if the person is still alive I wouldn't do it. Daphne as we all know will have her say when she finds out :)

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete