Tuesday 23 December 2014

6.33 James

James lay on the bed looking at the ceiling feeling very frustrated, “I need to get out this house but how?



Lawrence is taking too long to become weaker. If only I could use my daughter’s powers but no Lawrence had to send her away, damn him.” He had kept his looks and watched his younger brother Lawrence deteriorate bit by bit, not able to control his personality, missing his ex-fiancée and all the time he knew Lawrence was innocent.



James heard the key in the lock when Lawrence walked in, “You asked to see me, James?” Staring at his brother James said, “Where is my little girl?”
“None of your business.” 



James pushed him and firmly replied, “I’m bonded with my little girl so hand her over to me or I swear when I find a way out of this dump and the whore will pay.” 



Lawrence flew at him and said as he had his hands around his throat, “Leave her out of this, Daphne is long gone from my life…”
“But you would take the whore back in a heartbeat?” 



Lawrence fell to the floor and softly said, “You still don’t understand I love her and always will and for last time Daphne is no whore.” James scoffed at his remark, “Elvira told me all about Daphne’s infidelities. How your fiancée would make love to other men while you were playing the gentleman and how she desperately wanted the families’ money so that is why she accepted your proposal of marriage.” 



Lawrence suddenly punched him and yelled, “It’s lies, do you hear me and I know that because my DEAR brother I was her first time. I bet the story Elvira spun you was about her conquests and wants, the only difference being is she replaced her name with Daphne’s. Let’s be honest you were jealous because I was happy and you had no-one.”



Daphne was still yelling at David, “Do you have any idea what that man did to me?” David tried to speak to his wife calmly, “Listen to me please. I think he is telling the truth…” Daphne was still angry, “Why did you see him?”  



David held her close and said softly, “My illness has come back so I don’t have long left. I want you to be happy. You could see the real pain in his eyes when he found out we had Estevan.” Daphne broke down and said through her tears, “I loved him so much but when he hit me…I can never forgive that.”
“I know you wished he was Estevan’s father…” Daphne looked horrified at David, “You read that entry? David I was hurt that you went back to Katherine when I really needed you but I never meant it.” 



David kissed her forehead and said, “You did Daphne, we both know that but I don’t blame you, with Lawrence you could have been really happy and properly had even more children.” She wiped away the tears and said, “David as much as I love you both, Lawrence lied to you about being a twin. He does have a brother but he isn’t a twin…”



David asked her, “Did you ever meet the brother then?” Daphne looked away, “I asked Lawrence once but he refused to introduce me to him. I stupidly put it down to the fact that Elvira told me that James tried it on with all woman and Lawrence was trying to protect me.” 



David shook his head and replied, “My poor Daphne, Elvira lied to you and Lawrence yes, I believe he was protecting you from James but for different reasons. The only way you can get real closure is ask Torri.”
“Why ask her?”
“Daphne, she is Lawrence’s niece and she would know if they were twins and let’s face it she has no reason to lie to you.” Daphne rolled her eyes at David, “Fine I’ll ask her but she will only confirm what I already know and that is Lawrence is not a twin and he played you.”
“And if I’m right?” Daphne looked out the window and replied, “Well you are wrong so can we drop the subject?”



Torri didn’t like being cooped up in the house so Draco finished off his coursework and took her to explore the town. As they explored the shops and streets Torri said, “This is where my family comes from.” Draco was shocked and asked, “How long have your family lived here?”



“Both my parents grew up here. My Dad’s family were wealthy and once ran the town.” Draco stopped and looked at Torri, “What happened?” Torri shrugged her shoulders and replied, “All I was told was that Elvira had something to do with the families’ downfall but no one would elaborate any further.” Draco pressed for more information, “Do you have any money or know where the family home was?” 



Torri glanced at the floor but Draco lifted her chin and added softly, “You know the money I have no interest in, right?”
“I know and no I have no money because the family is broke, well that’s what Uncle Lawrence told me but I did find out where the old estate was, do you want to see it?” Draco smiled as they made their way to the old family estate.



Lawrence was still guarding the door and said, “I’m leaving now James…”
“I don’t know why you bother to visit. I know you hate me.” Lawrence just glared at his brother with contempt, “There is a small part of me that still loves you, despite what you have done. I really visit in the hope that one day you might want to tell Daphne the truth and admit what happened the night Emma died.” 



James snapped at Lawrence, “Fine, I killed my wife because she gave herself to other men instead of dealing with my wants and needs. I just hope Torri isn’t like her mother, a whore.” 



Lawrence punched him and harshly said, “Torri is a better person than you will ever know. I’m just sorry I’ve had to keep her away because she needs family but if she hates me then she will always be safe from you.”



Suddenly James could hear laughter in his head and as he listened closely he realised it was his daughter’s voice. “My daughter has come home…with her powers I can escape banishment.” When he turned around Lawrence was gone and said to himself, ‘Go on try and save my daughter but Torri will always take my side.’


Lawrence stood at the entrance of the estate and watched Draco and Torri approach him and wondered whether he should tell Torri the truth?

9 comments:

  1. ~ O NO! I think the cat is, or should I say will be,out of the bag.........now.
    ~ Will Lawrence fess-up,or will he send Torri away as quick as he can?
    ~ Poor Daphne (never thought I would ever say that about her) she has been through enough, & David is only trying to make things better for her,in his own way, to atone for what he did to her,in his youth,when he could not or would not choose,between the two women he loved! (",)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karima,

      Yes the cat is out of the bag as they say lol
      Will Lawrence tell the truth, I really don't know. I would like to think so.
      Daphne has been through so much I agree. David is trying to help but will it be the best option for Daphne.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. Why is Daphne still clinging to what Elvira told her as the truth when everyone knows including herself that everything that Elvira said is a lie? It's almost like she wants to believe it otherwise she'd have to admit she could have been with Lawrence all along and she had wasted all these years being with David. I hope she gets an opportunity to talk to Torri before James uses her to escape. Lawrence should have told Torri the truth, if he had maybe she and Draco wouldn't have come to the old homestead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DandyLion240,

      Daphne always thought that Elvira was a friend never realising that she was being used. She really loved Lawrence and still does. The years with David not been wasted because they had Estevan. Hopefully she will talk to Torri and knows the truth for herself. Lawrence should be honest with his own family e.g.Torri. You could be right they may never have come to the estate but that we will never know for sure.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. Fireworks on all fronts. Sheesh, these guys... Draco isn't going to handle this well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zhippidy,

      Yes there will be fireworks lol. Hopefully Draco takes it better than you think but we shall see.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  4. I thought I commented on this. So much anger between the brothers. Still not sure about David shoving Daphney into the arms of another man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,

      don't worry that you comment as late as fine. There is a lot of anger is between the brothers but it's not surprising considering what James has done to Lawrence. David just wants Daphne to be happy but I do understand your concerns.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete