Tuesday 16 December 2014

6.32 Meeting the parent

Lexy was now bored waiting for the baby to arrive. When Blake walked in he took one look and said, “Our baby will be here soon.” 



Lexy looked at her husband and said, “Please tell our baby to hurry up.” Blake smiled and started to talk to her belly, “Mummy says you need to make an appearance, it would help me a lot too because then she won’t be so grumpy.”
“Blake!” He smiled at Lexy holding her tight and said, “I know you are bored of waiting but the baby will be here soon,” and then he grabbed her hand and insisted that she follow him. 



He sat her on the sofa and said, “Right I think movie night and pizza, what do you think?” Lexy snuggled into Blake and said, “Best thing I’ve heard all day.”



Art was nervous as he was about to meet Ellen’s father and Will asked, “Are you ok?” Art looked at his Dad and asked, “How do I get him to like me?”
“Be yourself.” 



When there was a knock at the door Will told Art to answer the door and went to see if Victoria was ready. “Why aren’t you ready?” She looked at him and replied, “I’m not Art’s mother and I don’t know what to say.” 



Will pulled Victoria close and said, “I understand you are nervous but I’m not asking you to play Mum, I want you there as my support. I want to make a good impression because it’s important to my son and Art wants you there as well.”
“He does?” Will smiled, “Art likes you and thinks that you are good for me. I know he hasn’t been around a lot to get to know you but tonight would be a good opportunity for you both.” Victoria kissed William and finished getting ready.



When they got downstairs Ellen jumped up and said happily, “Daddy this is Art’s Dad, William and his girlfriend Vicky.” William could see Victoria’s face when Ellen called her Vicky and interjected, “My girlfriend would prefer if you would use her full name Victoria.” He smiled as he took her hand and said, “It’s nice to meet you Victoria excuse my daughter’s enthusiasm. I’m Sam by the way.” Victoria smiled, “Nice to meet you too, Sam.” 



Will and Sam shook hands and Will asked, “Did my son offer you a drink?” Art rolled his eyes and thought, ‘Great start to this evening.’ 



Ellen walked with Victoria as they approached the dining area and said, “I’m sorry to have upset you.” Victoria glanced at her and replied, “Apology accepted, how are you and Art getting along?” Ellen beamed a smile and said, “Great, he arranges good places to go and he helped me get my new place.” Victoria sensed something was not right and asked, “Do you pick places to go?”
“I like what Art picks as its more fun.”



Harmony looked at her parents suddenly lost for words. She saw out the corner of her eye Ty giving her that look then suddenly Blair said, “Harmony what’s wrong?” She smiled at her Dad and replied, “Nothing is wrong I’m just nervous and I shouldn’t be. Ty and I wanted to tell you a few days ago but with the party for Katherine we decided to wait. Ty and I have set a date for our wedding. Twelve weeks from today.”



Teddy looked shocked, “Twelve weeks but that won’t be enough time…” Harmony firmly said, “Mum it will be because we want the wedding here at home.” 



Blair looked at them both and replied, “Move my furniture around…” but he didn’t get to finish as he heard through his thoughts, ‘You mean spirited man, your daughter wants her wedding here and all you care about is furniture.’ Blair knowing Teddy was right said, “If that is what you and Ty want then we will make it happen. Congratulations to you both.” 



Teddy hugged Ty and said, “You should have married a long time ago but it’s finally here.”
Blair suddenly announced, “Harmony when you were younger we bought a plot of land for you but when you got with TJ, I started building a home on it for you…” 



Harmony squealed with excitement thanking them both then dragged Ty off to look at the house.



In the kitchen Victoria was talking to William sounding concerned, “I like Ellen but I feel Art maybe controlling her.” 



William looked shocked and firmly said, “Art would never control his girlfriend,” before Victoria had a chance to say anything thing more William was back talking to Sam.



“How long are you here for?”
“A week or so but I’ll be back, hopefully.” 



As they continued their conversation he watched Art and Ellen together and heard, “Art sit down and I’ll get you a drink,” and as the night wore on he saw more of the same thing. 



He excused himself and asked Victoria to join him. “I’m sorry I snapped earlier but seeing it for myself is different. I haven’t brought Art up to be like this and Heather would not approve of his behaviour.” Victoria wrapped her arms around him and replied, “I thought you had a right to know.”
“I know and thank you for telling me.” 



William poked his ahead around the door and said, “Art a word now!”
William glared at Art and he asked, “Dad what is wrong?” William was angry and asked as calmly as he could, “Why didn’t you get your own drink or offer to get one for Ellen?”
Art stepped back and said, “She likes doing stuff for me. At first I thought it odd but I thought in the end what the hell and the sex…” 



William punched his son and yelled, “You are not Draco. Elvira isn’t controlling you is she?” Art rubbing his cheek and replied, “What? No-one is controlling me…” 



William punched him again and firmly said, “Good! Now stop the way you are treating Ellen and start doing things for her.”
“Dad I tried…”


“Well not hard enough.” Art walked out and back to the dining room and William followed him. When Ellen went to get another drink Art insisted she sit back down and he would get the drink. As William watched he knew there was more to this and as much as he wanted to help all he could do was sit and wait until Art came to him.

5 comments:

  1. Blair took Harmony and Ty setting a date very well considering. Not sure what to think about Art. It seems his relationship with Ellen is a little messed up. Although I think Will should have let him explain what was happening and not simply punch his son. Ellen is a little to passive and Art seems to like her doing everything for him but does that mean he's controlling her? Hmmm in my mind the verdict is still out. Something's up that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I'm missing the point here, but I don't see what's wrong with Art and Ellen's relationship if it works for them. If Ellen wants to spoil Art, why the hell not? William needs to calm the fuck down, not all relationships will be the same, and not all relationships follow someone's idea of what an "ideal" relationship should look like. William was out of line, period! As long as Art is not abusing his girlfriend or treating her badly he has no right to interfere.

    It was nice of Blair and Teddy to get Harmony the plot of land. But I wonder how Ty feels about everything being handed down to him by his girlfriend's parents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ~ What the hell William,punching your son is a bit much!!!!!
    ~ Your son is a grown man & his relation ship is only young & in the sorting out stage,where they are finding out there likes & dislikes,& how they can come to an agreement on that "With each other!"
    ~ Ty is not one to accept things handed to him,I agree with Val,he will have an issue with this, as he wants to earn his way in the world on his own terms, he has stated this before!
    ~ Waiting to see were this goes from here! (",)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm Art being controlled? I feel bad for him. If his girlfriend wants to pamper him, I agree with him, why not? Maybe Ellen is so used to serving, or maybe she really likes to do that for him.

    It will be nice to see Ty settled. He's such a good guy, one of my favourites. I hope he doesn't go a little angry about a house being given to them. I can see him wanting to gather the sticks to build the first hut.

    Haha. I see Ty being all "I will take care of you" and then Ellen being the same way, but no one punched Harmony. *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, William is out of line. That's no reason to punch your son. I guess I can understand why he'd be concerned, but that's no reason to take that attitude. If what he and his girlfriend have works for them, it shouldn't be a problem. Things would be different if the girlfriend had a problem with the way Art was treating her

    ReplyDelete