Tuesday 25 November 2014

6.29 Draco confronts Lawrence

Draco walked in through the door and suddenly felt lonely. ‘How dare Lawrence make Torri feel afraid to come here and visit?’ 


Draco decided to confront Lawrence and have it out with him. Draco barged in and when two of Lawrence’s men went to attack Draco he put his hand up to stop them and said, “Leave us.” 


He gestured Draco to sit offering him a drink, “I take it you have come to talk to me about Torri?” Draco stood there not taking a seat and stared at him and coldly said, “I want her to visit me but she won’t come here because of you.”
Lawrence looked at Draco and sarcastically said, “Are you sure?” Draco was stunned and spat back, “Well it’s not because of me if that is what you are implying.” 


Lawrence sat down ignoring Draco’s outburst and said calmly, “Take a seat.” Draco reluctantly agreed and waited to hear the excuses, “You are just like your Dad, a forceful character and I can see why Torri is drawn to you but I have my doubts about you, if I’m truthful. I mean you have only just started to date for one.” Draco raised his voice and replied, “I met Torri six years ago when I was a teenager and she had just changed to a full vampire. I saved her life from Elvira because she wanted to kill her.” Lawrence’s eyes narrowed and he yelled, “Elvira wanted to what…” Draco jumped in his seat at the response and was confused, “You treated her like an animal, stripping her naked and who knows what else.”


Lawrence stood from the chair and said firmly, “I want confirmation that Elvira is dead…”
“I can confirm that I killed her but what does it matter to you.” 


Lawrence grabbed him, “She hurt many people, I even warned your father but he wouldn’t listen to me.” Draco pushed him away and said, “What does this have to do with Torri?” 


Lawrence turned away and said, “None of your business but what I will tell you about my niece is that she must never come home.”
“I don’t understand…” 



Lawrence just stared without any response and Draco added, “Where are her parents and how is she related to you?”
“If you must know Draco, her father and I are brothers. Torri’s Mum died when she was 3 years old and then her father, my brother died shortly after that. I then had custody of her but I changed her surname from Knight to her mother’s surname Robertson.” Draco looked hard at Lawrence and said, “You are hiding something.” 


Lawrence smiled and took a sip of his drink and said, “Think what you will but you hurt Torri and I will kill you.”
“I love her and we will bond soon…” Lawrence sniggered, “Bonding is over rated my boy…” Draco laughed, “What would you know about love?” Lawrence said nothing for a moment then replied, “Enough to know without it you die, little by little. Now get out.” Draco pushed a little more, “I want Torri to come and visit me, please.” 


Lawrence stayed silent for a moment then replied, “Very well, as you are Blair’s son and for old times sake I will allow it on one very strict condition. Torri may only stay two days at a time.” Draco yelled, “What kind of deal is that?”
“One you must adhere too or suffer the consequences.” Draco pushed Lawrence and firmly said, “You dare hurt her and I swear…”
“I never said I would do anything…”
“Then tell me what you mean Lawrence.”
“I can’t tell you just heed the warning.” Draco left more confused and wasn’t sure what to make of their encounter. When Draco got home he rang Torri and begged her to come and after much coaxing she agreed.


When Draco opened the door he pulled her close and kissed her without saying a word. 


They made their way to the sofa and after a while Draco stopped them in mid flow and asked, “Tell me about your family?” Torri looked at him and calmly said, “Can we change the subject?”
“Torri!” 


She sighed and said, “When I was a toddler I loved my uncle very much but when my mother died he changed. Looking at him reminds me of my Dad…”
“How so?” Torri looked away and quietly said, “My Dad and Uncle Lawrence are twins so it can be really hard some days. Not long after Mum died, I lost my Dad too and that was when I was put in my uncle’s care.”
Draco could see talking about her family was hard so asked no more questions.


Lawrence sat in front of the fire watching the flickering of the flames and wondered where his life had gone wrong. His own brother had ruined his life then years later married a wonderful woman. James was never content with his life and often accused his wife of sleeping with other men and when he could take it no more he killed his wife in front of their daughter, Torri. Lawrence was outraged with his brother and made the painful decision to banish him only telling his niece that her father died after he compelled Torri to forget what she had seen.  
When he found Torri it was supposed to be an opportunity for making amends but instead he had changed his orders for bringing her back home. James had threatened to kill his own daughter if he escaped banishment and he couldn’t let that happen. When he caught the man stripping her, Lawrence pulled him off but instead of going to her aid he acted cruel towards her making up lies of marrying her off to make sure she never returned home. Making this deal of two days with Draco was a very high risk and he wasn't sure if he was strong enough to protect her without telling her the truth.


Lawrence longed for the days before the evil set in and when life was good so he opened the only thing in life that gave him pleasure, his diary. It was of a time he remembered with fondness of a love he once knew and a love he would never let die.

The spring of 1843…

12 comments:

  1. OMG, so Lawrence isn't really as bad as what Torri or Draco think... wow, that a whole other side to the coin. My only question is WHY can't he tell Torri about any thing that's happened... wouldn't that just make is easier? Oh, so much info... love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IvoryButterfly,

      There is another side to Lawrence. He has become evil over time and he hates his life. He is feeling guilty at what he did to Torri but she doesn't know what he is hiding and neither does anyone else. Hopefully it will become clear to you why on the next chapter :)

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. Lawrence is such a confusing man, on top of that he has a strange way of showing he cares about Torri. I don't understand him at all, and it's hard to imagine a man like him once upon a time was in love. Not sure what to make of the two day stay deal...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,

      Lawrence is a confusing character but he does have his reasons. He thinks by being cruel it will keep her away from him and the evil that surrounds him and to him that is keeping her safe. The two day deal is to make sure her memory does not come back or worse her father sensing that she is back in town.

      Lawrence in love very hard to imagine but I hope the next chapter will explain all as to why you see him as he is now.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. Val,

    Lawrence is a confusing character and him being in love, yes hard to imagine but all will come clear next chapter. The two day deal is to keep Torri out of harms way but again it will become clear shortly.

    Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ~ As Ivory & Val said Lawrence is confusing & has a hidden side, it will be fun to find out more on what make him tick,what made him the way he is, I agree also,why not tell his niece the truth,why the big secrets????
    ~ Love it & can not wait for more.....you will release these before your no internet challenge??? I hope so,we want to know! (",)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karima,

      I hope everyone will understand why Lawrence is like he is. He should tell Torri the truth because then they might be able to have the relationship of Uncle and niece rather than enemies.
      Lol I will release the chapter before my internet challenge

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  5. More and more twists. I hope Lawrence can tell Tori the truth soon. I mean, holding secrets like that is more harmful than having her remember and get through it. Especially since her life is in danger. Someone has to know what happened and what Lawrence did, or if her father escapes, everyone is in danger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zhippidy,

      Yes more twists. Lawrence never told anyone about the banishment and he hates himself for not doing it years earlier (which will become clear in next chapter) however if he had then there would have been no Torri and Draco would be single and still up to no good lol.
      Anyway Blair has always had his suspicions about why Lawrence won't speak to his brother but I don't think he knows the scale of this but if he did would he help? Hopefully Lawrence will ask for help.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  6. I guess Lawrence isn't as bad as it appears as it seems he cares about Torri but it doesn't excuse the things he has done. Maybe if he told someone or asked for help he could make amends or change for the better. I hope nothing happens to Torri or Draco with the two day deal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dandyloin240,

      Lawrence ask for help...interesting thought. He does care for Torri but doesn't show it, which he should. I hope nothing happens to Torri or Draco either.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete