Tuesday 9 September 2014

6.19 All I ask

Ty woke up and cuddled into Harmony, “How did you sleep?”



“Ok just wish there was news on Draco.”
“Beauty, he will be ok. You have to believe that.” Harmony was holding back the tears and Ty saw it and pulled her close, “I can’t lose him, I blame myself. I know he’s like Dad but to be that disrespectful to everyone especially family…it was all there, why didn’t I see it?”



“You are not to blame. We all pushed him away because we only saw what she wanted us to see and she used Draco as the bait. Remember him as an impatient teenager wanting to grow up and love loads of girls etc.”
“I know but I want my brother back, the real one even if he’s an ass at times.”



William walked out the room and almost collapsed, “Uncle Blair, Aunt Teddy, I can’t do this. Draco and I are really close. I should have seen this…” 



Blair grabbed William and sat him down, “William, he needs all of us. The one to blame is me not anyone else but I’m not letting that bitch win.”



The doctor came over to Blair and Teddy and said, “The test results confirm Elvira’s blood is inside Draco and you were right to push us to do this course of treatment.”
Teddy asked with fear in her voice, “How long will this take and will he come through this?”
“I’m not going to lie here; the truth is I don’t know. We are keeping him sedated while we pump out the old blood and replace it with yours.” 



Blair asked, “This is taking too long, can’t you hurry this?”
“I’m afraid not, your son has had this blood in his body for 5 years and with its rapid growth within that time it has effected more than his blood. She will have control of him to at least 50% if not more in mind and body. So even though we are giving him fresh blood the rest will be up to him. He will need a reason to wake up because the new blood is only part of the treatment.”
Teddy asked, “What can we do to help?”
“Tell him you love him, that he’s wanted. Vampires as you know feel very strongly about things especially love and family. If what you have told me is true then Elvira’s mind control is making him really bad so everyone turned their back on him could be enough to send him over the edge.”



Teddy started to cry again, “It’s your turn for giving blood, I will go and see Torri and ask her to come and see him.”



Teddy sat in Torri’s home trying to think of how to ask her to see Draco. Torri looked at her and said, “I don’t want to see Draco.” Teddy was about to cry but held the tears back and replied, “I understand but before I go will you hear me out?”
Torri agreed and listened, “Draco is a bit like his Dad, not that it’s not an excuse. When I first met Blair I was human, I should have been scared but something told me that he would be ok with me. I’d been in a violent relationship and when he came looking for me Blair saved my life. You see up until he saw what the guy did to me, he tried to push me away, he never told me he loved me. Point is he was in denial until I ran away then he found me and admitted how he felt. Draco can’t do that because he’s in hospital fighting for his life. I’m not asking you to admit or confess your love for him but if he hears your voice it might just be enough to fight that little bit harder, then he can fight for you.”



Torri could see the heartache on Teddy’s face and agreed to think about it.



Blair stood there as Teddy walked up to him and through tears said, “Torri will only think about it.” He comforted her as much as he could but Teddy wasn’t interested, all she wanted was her son to wake up.



Teddy sat in the chair next to Draco’s bed when she wasn’t giving her blood. She tried reading to him because she remembered as a toddler; he loved when she would do the characters voices. Teddy told him that he was welcome home and how much she loved him. 



Blair hadn’t said, ‘I love you,’ to Draco since he was a little boy and was finding it hard. “Draco…this is hard, I’m sorry for not listening better to you. I should have known you would never upset your Mum like that. You can do this Draco I know you, fight and fight hard you have everything to live for and just so you know I love you. I will listen to you from now on and that is my promise to you.”



Torri fell onto the sofa replaying her conversation with Teddy. “Please see my son and just talk to him. He needs you.”
Torri felt the pressure was on her to see him but if she did could she help? As she looked around her home she considered the possibility that Draco was not really himself when they were together. She couldn’t believe that Elvira could have possessed Draco all this time.
After that night she decided to leave her life behind because she realised the mis-treatment waiting for her as an adult by her uncle. When her eyes met with Draco’s in that moment he gave her hope but now her life had come crashing down. Draco may have been handsome in looks but the personality didn’t match and Torri wondered if she should see for herself.



Blair and Teddy had been sent home from the hospital to get some rest but neither one of them could sleep. When the doorbell rang, Blair ran to the door hoping it was news about his son but when he opened the door Torri was standing there looking at him. He stepped aside and allowed her to come in. “I didn’t realise you looked so alike until now,” as she stood in front of Blair. 



Teddy came out of the bedroom when she heard Torri and with almost excitement in her voice, “Draco will love seeing you.”



Torri walked towards the sitting area but stopped and said calmly, “I came to tell you that I’ve decided not to see Draco.” Teddy suddenly lost her smile of hope and Blair yelled, “You don’t want to help the man you love get better?”



Torri was starting to cry but pulled back her tears and said firmly, “How dare you say that to me. Your son has no respect for me or his family.” Then Torri turned to face Teddy, “Weren’t you the one who advised me to stay away from him?”
“Yes but that was before we knew Elvira had taken over my son.” Blair was at breaking point, “My son is lying in a hospital bed fighting for his life and you want to walk away?”



“He almost attacked me but at the same time…” she fell onto the chair and lowered her voice as she remembered, “but at the same time begged me to leave for my own safety.” 



Blair knelt beside her and quietly said, “He was trying to protect you. Knowing what we know now, I believe he was trying to fight her when she wanted him to attack you. Elvira tried to harm you once and she would have continued till she had killed you by any means necessary.”
“But I can’t…”
“Listen to me Torri, all I ask is you help our son fight harder. If you don’t want to be around him after that, I do understand but be aware he might want to talk to you and explain.” Torri looked at him and replied, “I don’t know what I should do?”

10 comments:

  1. Too bad Torri's answer to her last question wasn't easier for her to decide herself.
    Hopefully the treatments will work, but I think that Torri will be making a trip to the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zhippudy,

      Torri is very torn about Draco and her feelings at the moment but I hope she goes to the hospital.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. I hope Torri pulls herself together and goes and sees Draco... surely having his mum and dad explain what happened should be enough for her to pull her head out and go and see him, he loved her so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ivorybutterfly,

      Draco does love Torri but I think she is confused at the moment. Hopefully she will see him.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. This treatment Draco's undergoing sounds intense, so much blood being pumped into him, hopefully he surives the whole thing. And Torri not wanting to help, not really sure what to think of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,

      Fingers crossed for Draco and his treatment. Torri is torn but after what Blair and Teddy have told her hopefully she will go to the hospital.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  4. It's really sad that everyone is blaming themselves for pushing Draco away. Really it's no one's fault but Elvira's and her twisted sense of revenge. I hope that everyone talking to Draco and telling him they love him and want him to get better will help. Although I think if Torri went to see him it might tip the balance in his favor. I think deep down where Elvira hadn't gotten to yet he really loved her and never wanted to hurt her. I hope Torri opens her eyes and sees that before it's too late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dandylion240,

      Everyone thinks its their fault and now all they want is Draco to pull through. You are right Elvira is the one to blame for all this. Draco does love Torri and if he can defeat Elvira maybe he and Torri will have a fighting chance.

      Thanks fore reading :)

      Delete
  5. Okay, here's what you should do Tori: you should get up off your butt, head over to that hospital, and talk to Draco.

    I hate when everybody blames themselves. It's like they don't know what else to do. It's not about them; it's about him. They're doing everything they can to help. What he really needs is Tori.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mapal,

      Torri should go to the hospital after all Draco needs her but I can understand her reluctance. Everyone needs to concentrate on Draco rather than blame themselves.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete