Tuesday 20 January 2015

6.37 Loss


Harmony and Ty were still arguing over the house they had been given by her parents when Blair walked in. 



Ty yelled, “Blair, I really think giving us the house is too much. So I am declining the offer. I would like to provide a home for us rather than you.” Blair wasn’t in the mood for confrontations and snapped, “Fine, you don’t want the house you ungrateful…” but Harmony stopped them before it got out of hand and asked, “Daddy what is wrong?” 



Blair looked at Harmony and asked, “Where is your mother?”
“Mum and Dawn are helping Lexy get things ready for the new baby.” Harmony then repeated her question, “Dad what is up?” Blair sat down not sure how to answer. 



Harmony could tell this wasn’t good then Blair answered, “My Dad died and he’s not coming back.” Ty looked at Harmony then at Blair and said, “Blair, I’m sorry and what I said earlier…” Blair interrupted him, “TJ, its fine. You have a right to want to build your home. I just wanted to do this for Harmony and I do understand your reasons but right now it is the furthest thing from my mind.”
Harmony asked, “How did this happen?” Blair didn’t look at her and said, “I need Draco and Katherine here so I can tell you all together.”



When they were all present at the house Blair filled them in. Teddy stayed quite as the children asked their questions and Draco was the first to ask, “So you are telling us my girlfriends Dad was alive but he killed Granddad and now he is dead too? Blair nodded and Draco fired off, “This is just great, how am I supposed to tell her?” Blair looked at Draco and replied, “You aren’t going to tell her anything as Lawrence is coming to tell Torri himself.” Katherine now saw the opportunity to ask, “So all this time the Lawrence we all know is because a bond was broken?” 



Blair sweetly looked at his daughter and said, “Yes but it doesn’t excuse what he did to you. He doesn’t even know you are my daughter yet but he will.” Harmony now asked, “Are we to welcome Lawrence into the family?”
“Good question but right now your gran is in mourning and because she is the head of the family we will go by her wishes. However do not mention Lawrence to her at the moment.” Katherine asked, “How is Gran?” Blair sighed looking at his wife then to each of the kids in turn and answered quietly, “Uncle Estevan took her home and the doctor was called, they have given her sleeping tablets to help her rest.”
“Teddy finally asked, “Where is Lawrence?”



“When he comes to see Torri that will be all and then he will leave. He is keeping his distance for now out of respect for Mum and Dad.” Teddy was now curious and asked more questions, “When you broke our bond you weren’t as bad as this so why is he?”
“It has been 170 years but can we talk about this later because I have to arrange a funeral again for my Dad.” Blair then left for his bedroom leaving everyone with more questions than answers.



Blake was just lying there in shock at the news of his granddad’s death when Lexy lay next to him and asked, “Blake is there anything I can do?” Blake didn’t look at her but answered, “Why did he have to die, he was the good guy.”
“I know I know…” Lexy went quiet after this as she didn’t know what to say and left their room but not before looking back. 



As she got to the stairs she felt a shooting pain through the stomach. She screamed for Blake and when he appeared she said, “You need to get me to the hospital.” 



When Lexy fell to the floor Blake picked her up and took her to their room, “Lexy, I’m getting the doctor to come here instead.”



William was just finishing his call to Blake, “Keep me posted on what the doctor says on Lexy’s condition but I have to go as Art has just walked in.” When Art heard his name he grunted at his Dad, “What have I done now?” 



William looked at his son and said calmly, “Art, I’m sorry for the way I acted the other night. I’m just worried about you and Ellen. However I need to tell you something. Dad came over not long ago and said that there was a fight when they tried to rescue gran and granddad got caught up in it and lost his life.”



Art was in shock at the news, “He was fine when I saw him the other day.” William looked sad at his son but said, “We are all in shock by the news and now Blake has phoned me to say that Lexy is in early labour. I need to be at Dad’s to help sort things out, can you look after the twins until Victoria gets back.” Art nodded and watched his Dad leave the house.



Daphne was just looking out the window when Estevan walked in, “Mum, you should still be asleep.” She didn’t turn around, “I can’t sleep, I’m so….oh I don’t know what I am, exactly.” Estevan didn’t know what to say and as he fidgeted Daphne said harshly, “Oh go and deal with something and leave me alone.”



Estevan stood his ground and said, “I’m not going anywhere, I’m your son and you need me so please don’t shut me out.” Daphne started to cry and Estevan quickly went over to her and hugged her. “Estevan your father was a good man, why, oh why did he try and play the damn hero.” 



Estevan holding back his tears said, “Because he loved you mum. Human or vampire you can’t blame him for that.”
“You know his illness had come back…” Estevan whispered, “He told Blair and me. Blair is arranging the funeral but we’d like your input.” Daphne wiped the tears away and replied, “I will help but I need to change first.”

A week later

After the funeral they arrived back at the house and Estevan asked, “Mum, were you ok with that?”



Daphne looked at her son and replied, “It was something your Dad said to me just before he died, he said he could make things right with me but not with Katherine so by laying him to rest next to her means it makes things right.” Estevan was curious and asked, “I can understand what you mean but Blair didn’t look happy. So do you think he is ok with this?” 



Blair had been listening to the conversation and asked, “Why don’t you ask me!”
Estevan turned round to see his brother just staring at him and said, “You are right I should have asked you but you seemed really upset that your parents are now buried together.”
“I am pissed off but Mum is right, Dad would be ok with this. If things had been different between my Mum and me maybe I would have been alright but I guess we’ll never know.”


Daphne looked at Blair and with tears running down her face she said, “I hope you know Blair that as far as I’m concerned you are just as much a son to me as Estevan is.” 



Blair held Daphne and replied sweetly, “As far as I’m concerned you have always been my Mum.”

9 comments:

  1. Sad chapter, sad to see David go, but I loved the ending. It was so sweet of both Blair and Daphne, sometimes blood isn't everything and does not define relationships. *smiles at the last pic*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,

      it is sad to see David go but it is nice to see the relationship has grown between Daphne and Blair. I think these two have a bond that can never be broken and that is a love that you can only get between mother and son as far as they are concerned and I think it's very sweet.

      Thanks for reading :-)

      Delete
  2. The family will always come first and it's too bad that bad things make them realise this and come closer.
    I hope that they don't find things to place walls between them again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zhippidy,

      it always have to be the bad things that make them come closer together and I agree with you it is a pity. Will they place walls between them? I hope not but time will tell.

      Thanks for reading :-)

      Delete
  3. ~ So sad,anouther chapter of their lives closed with Davids passing....again!
    ~ Hope everything will even out now for them,only time will tell. (",)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karima,

      LOL I love the way you say passing again. Having said that it is a sad chapter and will things even out, like you say only time will tell.

      Thanks for reading :-)

      Delete
  4. I can't imagine how Blair must have felt having to plan two funerals for his Dad. I hope the family continues to be close. I really liked the relationship between Daphne and Blair. Blair needs a mother figure in his life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DandyLion 240,

      Blair's heartbroken that he's lost his father all over again and doing another funeral must be heart-wrenching for him. I think the family will grow even closer and it certainly shows between Daphne and Blair because now Blair has what he's always wanted a mother figure in his life which I find really sweet.

      Thanks for reading :-)

      Delete
  5. Dad's funeral... For the second time. Once is bad enough.

    ReplyDelete