Tuesday 13 January 2015

6.36 Confrontation

Daphne was huddled in the corner and asked, “Why do you hate me so much. I never did anything to you?” 



James crouched down and replied, “I’d watched you for weeks looking beautiful, I was captivated by you and just as I was going to ask you out, you picked my brother. I’ll admit I never thought it would get as far as it did but the thought of my brother’s hands all over you sickened me to the core. You were supposed to be with me not him.” Daphne was terrified and asked carefully, “You were jealous of Lawrence? I never knew you or of your existence…”
“We could have been something great you and I. Lawrence never could treat you like I could…”



Daphne spoke firmly as the anger within her built, “Lawrence was a gentleman with love in his soul and I betrayed him thinking he could turn on me I am guilty of that but you…you have a twisted sense of jealousy and became violent with me in order to get back at your brother. You should have embraced our happiness not destroyed it.”
“Silence whore. You promise to share my bed and I will let you live.” Daphne responded almost in a whisper, “I will not share your bed because I don’t love you. Lawrence is my love.” 



James grabbed her by the throat and said harshly, “You refuse my offer?”



The boys were running towards the estate with Lawrence following them. When the estate came into view Estevan said, “Where would he take her?” Lawrence with sadness in his voice replied, “I don’t know.” Blair hissed at him, “You must have an idea?”
“Try his room, turn left after entering the house then when you get to the end of the corridor turn left again and carry straight on.” 



When they entered the house they could all hear the shouting and Daphne pleading to be let go. Estevan had never heard his Mum like this and he couldn’t bear to think of what was happening to her. They heard the door open and close and then heard David’s voice.



“Let her go.” James turned around throwing Daphne like a rag doll and made his way towards David. “Who are you and how did you get in?” 



David didn’t move as he stared at James, “I’m Daphne’s husband and you left the door open…” James looked shocked, “You married that whore and you a human, how laughable.” 



David went to walk past but James blocked his way, “Where are you going?” David kept eye contact with James and replied firmly, “Going to see my wife.” James stood aside to let David pass but he wasn’t going to give the couple long.



Daphne cried out, “David, why are you doing this. He will kill you.” as David embraced her, he replied softly, “I’m putting things right. I treated you and Katherine so terrible. I can’t make things right with her but I can with you…”
“I love you but this is suicide.” 



David kissed her and sweetly replied, “I know but it’s better to die like this than spend weeks in pain.” Daphne hugged David tighter, “I will never stop loving you and I don’t regret you being Estevan’s father. You too are very alike. I love you.”
“I love you too.”
James clapped his hands and said harshly, “Very touching but the time has come to part ways.” 



Suddenly the door flew open and in walked Lawrence with Estevan and Blair.  James sarcastically said looking at his brother, “Brother you have brought visitors…” Lawrence glanced at Daphne and David then back to his brother and harshly replied, “They aren’t visiting and I told you leave Daphne alone.”
“Still defending the whore, I see.” 



Lawrence flew at James and yelled, “She is not a whore.” 



James over powered him and had Lawrence by the throat, “See I’m stronger than you now. Killing you will be so easy but I’ll let you watch while I kill her first. Oh that reminds me, where is my daughter?” Lawrence wouldn’t answer James and for a moment they just stared at each other.
“Answer me!” Lawrence refused to say anything and when James knew he would get nothing from his brother he let him go. 




Blair saw the opportunity to knock James to the ground and started to punch him over and over. Estevan went to his parents and asked if they were ok. David nodded and so did Daphne. Estevan helped his Mum up and when she saw Lawrence lying on the floor hurt, her first instinct was to run to him but she felt she had to stay with David. 



As they looked at one another Estevan saw the genuine love they shared. He looked at his Dad and asked, “You ok?” David nodded with a smile then said to his wife, “We can’t leave him in pain.” Estevan looked at his parents and said, “While Blair is keeping James busy, I will help Lawrence. Personally I’d like to see him die but I won’t, well not today anyway,” Daphne looked horrified at Estevan’s statement.



Blair was still fighting with James when he saw David taking Daphne towards the door. Rage was now at its peak at the thought of her escaping; James pushed Blair off him just long enough to run towards David and Daphne. Blair flew at James but as he got closer he noticed James had a knife. 



Blair shouted but it was too late as he watched his Dad stumble to the ground clutching his chest. Lawrence tried to push James off David but James without even looking knocked his brother backwards. Daphne knelt by David’s side screaming, “Why do this to him. What did he do to you?” James had a cold smirk on his face, “He is with you.” 



Estevan was angry and shoved James and was relentless by causing pain. He punched, kicked and wouldn’t stop. Blair didn’t even try to pull Estevan off James as he knelt by his father’s side. “Dad, let me help you?” David gasping for breath said, “I told you before, I’m content with how my life has turned out. Harmony gave me the gift of life and my only intention was to put things right.” Daphne through her tears said, “David please listen to your son.” David tried to look her in the eye but couldn’t as he replied, “Daphne my time has passed. Blair, help your brother before he hurts himself.”



 Lawrence knelt down and said, “Is there anything I can do?” Daphne wouldn’t look at him but David said, “No but thank you. Just do yourself a favour and put things right especially with your niece and tell her the truth.”
“I hope she listens to me.” David smiled without saying anything.



Lawrence went back to the doorway and said, “Now James you will pay,” then shut the door behind him.



Estevan had James by his throat, “My mother is no whore so why wreck her life?” James laughed as he egged Estevan on, “To see that body of hers why else.” Estevan threw him across the room. 



Blair got to James first and while he held him against the wall Estevan coldly said, “My mother is no whore and she would never go for you.”
“If the whore re-bonds with Lawrence this is the face you’ll see for eternity, my boy.” Blair spat back, “If our mother chooses to bond with Lawrence it won’t be your face we will see.”
“Go on kill me now but are you really sure you won’t see me?” Estevan looked at Blair and said, “He wants a quick death, let’s make it a long and painful one.” Blair replied through his thoughts, ‘Dad is dying so as much as he deserves a very painful death. Just make it painful and quick, will you?’
‘Fine but what about Torri?’
‘We will tell her the truth but let’s get this over with.’
‘Very well.’ Estevan grabbed James from Blair and sunk his fangs in deeply then pulled them out slowly and then pushed harder back into the skin and listened while James screamed out in pain.



Daphne was still holding David with tears running down her face. Lawrence looked at David as he watched the life drain from him and when the boys came from the room he saw their faces. 



They both knelt by him and heard a faint whisper, “Boys remember your promise,” they nodded as tears started to come from their faces and then David said with his last breath, “Daphne I lo…” he never got to finish his sentence as his eyes finally closed. 

7 comments:

  1. Ugh!
    Don't know what else to say :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zhippidy,

      It is hard to know what to say right now, I think everyone is in shock.

      Thanks for reading :-)

      Delete
  2. Man, that final sequence was just sad.
    James deserves all that he got and more. What a twisted, twisted man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,

      it was very sad at the loss of David. I do agree with you that James deserves everything he gets and like you I have no sympathy for the man, he was very twisted and I'm glad he's gone.

      Thanks for reading :-)

      Delete
  3. So very sad that David is gone. Teary eye moment :(
    James deserved so much more but so glad he's gone.
    Lawrence I hope does what David told him and makes things right with Torri.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DandyLion 240,

      it was a sad day that David left and don't worry I almost cried.
      James deserved more yes however the boys did not have time to do what they really wanted to do to him but at least now he is now gone.
      I hope Lawrence takes Davids advice about Torri but we shall see.

      Thanks for reading :-)

      Delete
  4. Hopefully they'll hold to their promise

    ReplyDelete