Tuesday 2 July 2013

4.38 Please believe me

Finally the keys were in their hands and the now the apartment belonged to them. Blake and Lexy couldn’t be happier. Estevan and William helped Blake get his bed into his new room. “Bro I can’t believe you finally have your own place.”



“I’ve lived on my own before.”
“You call living in Dad’s garage on your own,” laughing at his brother.
“Ha-ha, very funny.” Lexy had sold her furniture as she wanted a fresh start from all the memories with her old house. The new sofa and chairs were coming tomorrow but they needed to sort the décor out first. 



Estevan said, “If you need any help with decorating I’m only a phone call away.” After he and Will left Blake asked, “Where do we start?” 



Lexy said, “Well, you could kiss me. You know new place, first kiss.”
Blake replied with a smile, “Now that I can do!” He softly touched her lips with his and suddenly the kiss became more intense and passionate. His hands slowly move down her back to her butt. He squeezed gently but Lexy pulled away trying to ignore what her body wanted, “Umm, I think we need to get things done.” Blake wanted to rip her clothes off where they stood but deep down he wanted it to be special, “Start in the kitchen I think.”
Lexy had only just noticed that there was no kitchen, “Where are the cupboards and sink?”




Blake wrapped his arms around her, “Don’t worry, Dad and Will helped me pull it out.”
Lexy shouted, “But we have no kitchen now,” almost at the brink of tears. He squeezed her tightly and replied, “Don’t worry the kitchen will be fitted today all you have to do is go online pick the kitchen and it will be fitted later. 



Dad told me you would panic so he spoke with the fitters and he also asked if he could pay for it. He’d like to give it a house warming gift. He also said he’d do a fire safety check on it.” Lexy turned to Blake and softly whispered, “He’d do that for us? Don’t you think it’s too much, I mean a potted plant would have done?” Blake lifted her chin a little, “He does things big but if Will or I didn’t work believe me when I say Dad would not help in any way.”
Lexy went online and chose the kitchen after they both decided how big it was going to be in the apartment. They started to discuss the colour of the walls when there was a beep. 



Lexy glanced at her phone and it was a message from Keith it read, ‘All holiday has been cancelled. All staff are to report back to the station no exceptions.’ Lexy re-read it and couldn’t believe her luck. “Blake, I have to go back to work can you get things sorted?”



“Not really, I mean this is our first home, our first day. How dare you be called into work? This was supposed to be our time.” Lexy couldn’t look at Blake, she understood his reaction but it didn’t mean she wasn’t upset by it, “I’m sorry but it’s my job, it’s what I do.” Blake wanted to snap but held back because he wanted things to work out and replied through almost gritted teeth, “Go and I’ll sort things out.” 



Lexy kissed him, “I know you are angry but I will make it up to you I promise.”



Blake sat on the floor looking around the apartment once Lexy had left. An hour later he still hadn’t moved when the fitters turned up to start putting the new kitchen together. 



Blake let them in then went outside for fresh air. As he looked around he saw a figure in the distance and when Blake focused he saw Lexy kissing another man. ‘This can’t be happening, not again. I’ve been a gentleman this time.’ His adrenalin was on high alert as he made his way closer and closer.
Lexy suddenly felt the anger within Blake. 



He walked past her and growled and knocked the man to the ground then he continued to hit him. Lexy was screaming to Blake to get off him. When he finally listened he stormed back towards the apartment with Lexy running after him.



Once inside the fitters had completed the kitchen and had already left and just as well with the storm brewing in the air. 



Blake spat angrily “How could you cheat on me?”
Lexy started to panic, “Baby please listen to me I can explain.” 



Blake suddenly remembered being in this situation once before and although very hurt and angry, he did not want to physical hurt her so he folded his arms and tapped his foot in temper and shouted, “Explain yourself!” Lexy wasn’t sure where to start. She took a deep breath and began, “When I was called into work it was because there is a serial rapist on the loose. Anyway the team and I tracked him down but he got loose from the cuffs and we were chasing him. I’d just got up to him when he grabbed and pinned me against the railings and started kissing me. I kicked him so I could get away and was about to arrest him when you showed up. As I was running after you I looked back to see one of my colleagues was arresting him.”



“How can I know that you are telling me the truth?” Lexy stepped closer to Blake while he stood there. She wrapped her arms around him but Blake didn’t do the same, “Baby, please believe me. Read my mind I don’t care because I have nothing to hide from you. I love you so why would I cheat on you?” Blake wanted to read her mind but he also wanted to trust her so he declined the offer. Everything she said was plausible and he’d seen the text from Keith because Lexy showed it to him. He could feel her pain thinking that she had lost him but he was just as scared losing her.


He wrapped his arms around her and pleaded with her, “Stop being a cop. No man is allowed to put his hands on you. It is so dangerous I can’t lose you.” They fell to the floor and faced each other, “You are not going to lose me. I do understand your concerns about my job but I love the job. I was glad you hit him though.” 



Blake smiled and tenderly kissed her, “I love you Lexy Sail.” Lexy stopped the kiss and smiled replying, “Me too,” cupping his face as they continued with the kiss not getting any decorating done.

9 comments:

  1. Yay, they finally moved in together. i can understand Blake's reaction, after all he's been cheated in before, but sometimes (as in this case) it's not good to jump to conclusions. I'm glad they sorted everything out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,

      Blake did for a moment think the worst but Lexy did point out that she was chasing a suspect. Blake just saw red. He is trying to be a gentleman here by not sleeping with Lexy and seeing this has made him realized just how much she means to him. Lexy was able to talk to him and explain and luckily Blake listened.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. I'm assuming that when Estevan offered his help decorating he really mean Dawn, right? :)

    Oh no. I hope it was because she was undercover or something.
    Okay, so she was a next victim kind of thing.

    All's well that ends well.
    LOL at the not getting any decorating done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mypalsim,

      It was Estevan offering his help at decorating, run Blake run lol.
      Lexy was just doing her job and that ass was trying it on shudders.

      Yes they didn't get the decorating done :)

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. Man, Blake really is an over-reactor. How on earth could he get mad at her over being called in for a work emergency? And now it sounds like he's wanting her to quit her job again :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Misty,

      Blake did over react but when Lexy explained he did calm down. He would love her to quit but she has been firm on that. Doesn't mean he won't occasionally bring it up lol.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  4. You must want me to have a heart attack! I couldn't stand for Blake to get hurt that way again! I should have known that Lexie loved him too much to cheat though. I can see that Lexie's job might become a problem between them. Since Blake knows how much she loves it, maybe he will be able to handle it better as time goes by and they become even closer!



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daisies,

      Heart attack...I'm sorry but he saw what he wanted to see and not what was really going on and that was his girlfriend doing her job. Lexy has been straight about the job thing but hopefully he will get used to it.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  5. Blake whined. hahaha... she had to work and he got mad... what will happen when she gets a midnight call and leaves him alone with three crying babies? ;)

    I was worried there that the kiss would have been like an old boyfriend, or maybe something bad, but the criminal doing that is much worse. A potential stalker if he gets out. :( Blake should worry for her safety now that he knows it wasn't an affair.

    ReplyDelete