Tuesday 25 June 2013

4.37 The wait is killing me




As they walked through the park Paris said, “You don’t have to do this.” Philippe looked shocked and asked, “Why, what am I doing?”
“This whole asking me on a date thing, I know Heather and Will put you up to this.” 



Philippe leaned against the tree and with a hurt tone said, “You think that this is a pity date? I’ve liked you for a while but because you were with someone I stayed in the background. When I heard you were single, I decided I wanted a date.” 



He stepped closer and added, “I know you are hurting but I was hoping you’d give me the chance to take that hurt away.” Paris looked into his eyes and said, “I’d like that very much. Sorry for saying you were doing this out of pity.”
Philippe smiled, “That’s ok. I hope you don’t mind but I thought we’d have a picnic in a secluded place I know.”
Paris smiled and jokingly asked, “Are you trying to seduce me?”



“A beautiful lady needs romance and if it’s done right then in time the rest will follow,” Kissing her hand slightly. ‘If this is a dream no-one wake me because I want to see where this ends,’ Paris thought as Philippe lead her to the picnic area. 



Paris naturally leaned into his chest without thinking. She felt the rhythm of his chest as he breathed, it helped relax her as she forgot about everything. “Are you falling asleep?”
Paris quietly replied, “No just enjoying the company. Tell me how long have you lived here?”
“I moved here 10 years ago I think. And you?”
“I lived in Barnacle Bay then moved here. Heather and I were best friends in college but lost contact for a few years then met up again and that’s how I came here.” 



Philippe turned Paris to face him slightly, “You have beautiful eyes and those lips,” running his fingers across them, “Are soft to the touch.” He pulled her head slightly towards his and kissed her, savouring the soft touch of her lips pressed against his. As their lips parted Paris thought, ‘Wow that kiss was amazing, that tongue knows no limits. Why is he single? What’s wrong with him? No too many questions. Have to have another kiss.’


“So are you both excited about moving into your new place?” Blake and Lexy smiled and then Estevan asked, “So when is the engagement party?” They were both in shock but Blake got in first, “What? Dad, we aren’t engaged and before you ask we are not expecting a baby either. What made you think that?”
“I just got the impression you were getting engaged by living together. Just so you know I would be happy being a grandfather again.” 


Lexy went bright red, “Estevan, we have no plans for a baby.”
“You have 2 bedrooms, right?”
“We are having a room each.” Estevan was in shock, “I thought you were…” Blake answered, “Sleeping together? No we won’t be until it is right for us.” Dawn looked at Estevan and asked, “Can we tell them, please?” Estevan smiled then looked at Blake and Lexy, “Blake, you are going to be a big brother.” 


There was a silence for a moment then Blake hugged his Dad, “Congratulations Dad, that’s brilliant news. Can I ask one thing though? I want a sister and not another brother.” Estevan laughed, “I’m afraid that is out of our hands. You and Lexy are the first to know so I would appreciate it if you wouldn’t say anything yet.”
Lexy was hugging Dawn, “Are you excited? If you need anything just ask.” 


Blake started to panic and dragged Lexy out of the room, “You said no plans for a baby but you looked like you were getting broody.”
“I’m just excited for them but yes I love babies. It doesn’t mean I want one, I mean we’ve only been going out a month.”


Dawn cuddled up to Estevan, “Will they be alright?”
“Blake is terrified of becoming a parent, babies scare him.”
“Wasn’t he good with Art?”
“He was and still is but he could always give him back. I think as they get to know more of each other then he might change his mind.”
“I think Blake would be a good Dad, “as she kissed Estevan.


In Blake’s bedroom he and Lexy were enjoying each other’s company after clearing the air over the baby thing, “You know I feel like I’m a teenager being naughty.” Blake laughed and said, “Trust me when I say if we were being naughty, you’d have fewer clothes on.” Lexy kissed Blake and asked, “When are we going to make love?”
“I think we need to wait a while.”
“The wait is killing me Blake.”
“Me too but it will be worth it in the end.”



Paris arrived home to find Heather waiting for her, “I want details.” Paris followed her to the kitchen, “Is he a good kisser, did you sleep with him?”
“Heather, slow down. First of all I did not sleep with him although I wish I had because those kisses we shared were amazing. That guy has some serious tongue action.” Heather was surprised, “You mean he has potential?”
Paris was on cloud nine as she continued, “He is amazing, he talked of romance and treating a woman with respect. Is it wrong that I want to sleep with him, spending all my time with him?” 



Paris lay down on the sofa and Heather responded, “I’m glad to see you are happy and I don’t want to burst the bubble but wait before you sleep with him get to know him. However he sounds wonderful.”
“I’m seeing him again but our next date is a week away. I hope I can survive.” 



Heather giggled, “Paris you sounding more like a teenager on her very first date.”
“That is how I feel.” 

9 comments:

  1. Wow, Philippe really swept Paris off of her feet! She deserves it though. I think that Heather was right to tell her to wait. She needs to make sure that Philippe is not just a rebound. She owes it to herself and to him.

    I'm glad of Blake's reaction to becoming a brother again. He seemed happy! It's sad that he's afraid to become a father. Since he feels that way, he's right to wait before he sleeps with Lexy. I hope their differing desires about children doesn't cause problems between them.

    I really liked the picnic pictures of Paris and Philippe! They look good together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daisies,

      Philippe is sweet and yes Paris does deserve it but finding out if this is really and not a rebound is the better option.

      Blake is scared about having all that responsibility but he loves Lexy. Will his desire not to have children last only time will tell

      Glad you like the pictures

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. Paris and Phillipe...it has a nice ring to it. Their date looked like fun, and lol @ Paris' thoughts about the kiss.

    Great update!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,

      There names do make them a good couple and Paris thoughts made me smile but I guess we all think that from time to time when we first dated lol

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. *giggles* I'm SOOOOOO Happy For Paris!!!
    'tongue action' *giggles again* I love it.

    Erm, got kinda awkward there talking about babies with Estevan and Dawn there with Blake and Lexy. I wanted to smack Estevan for jumping to conclusions. ... esp THOSE conclusions that are such big issues between the two. Thanks, Dad. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mypalsim,

      Glad you had the giggles lol. I think everyone is happy for Paris :)

      Estevan did jump to conclusions but he is a nosy parent. If that was my Dad I would have been so embarrassed.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  4. Wow I'm surprised that A) Estevan would just put them on the spot about marriage and babies, and B) that Blake would freak out so much over Lexy's reaction to Dawn's news. Sheesh, guys, take it easy, will ya?

    Paris needs to watch it with a man that smooth, I hope it ends well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Misty,

      Guys can be strange at times but I guess they'd say that about us lol. Blake suddenly thought that Lexy would want a baby but even though she likes them didn't mean she is ready for one herself.

      Paris needs to watch out awww I hope not.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  5. Paris seems to have rebounded nicely. She may be with Mr. Right this time, although I don't doubt her feelings for Spencer, this may be the best thing that has happened to her.

    Blake & Lexy are right in taking things slowly. They need to get themselves secure with each other before next steps.

    I am happy for Este and Dawn. I think it had better be a boy because I can't imaging Este being calm and cool with a hormonal teen aged girl! *LOL*

    ReplyDelete