Tuesday 1 July 2014

6.11 Packing away the past

Will had tried calling Draco to see why pretty boy turned up at his house but there was no answer which wasn’t unusual and Will knew sooner or later Draco would turn up as he always did.



Estevan had come over to see if Will had finally asked Victoria out. Dawn had a look at the new living area; she was impressed at how he had transformed the room.



“I love the picture above the fireplace.” Will smiled, “It was a good weekend.” Estevan asked, “Did you ask her out?”



They took a seat and Will looked at them, “We had our first date in this room but it got me thinking, if it gets to that stage…”
Dawn answered for him, “You mean sex.”
“Thank you Dawn, yes that…well I can’t ask her into my room because it belonged to me and Heather.”



“But you have an idea, right,” as Dawn interrupted his flow, “You’ve been with Dad too long.”
“No just observant.” Will shook his head then continued, “I was thinking of turning my room into a room for the twins and taking their room but I need some help.”



Estevan smiled, “I think it’s a great idea, what does Victoria think?”
“I haven’t said anything to her yet but I am serious about her.” Estevan looked at his son and said, “I will help you decorate.”
Will again looked at them both and said quietly, “I’d like you to both help.”
“Why don’t you just change the whole house and get it out the way?” Will looked at his Dad in shock but knew he made sense. He thought for a moment and replied, “It’s a great idea but if the relationship does become serious I would like her to have a say in how things look.” 



The conversation was interrupted by Victoria coming into the room with the twins, “Sorry William, the twins wanted to see you.”
“It’s ok; this is my Dad and my step mum.” 



Estevan smiled at her and said, “He forgot to mention that our names are Estevan and this is my wife Dawn.” Victoria became nervous and quietly said, “It’s good to meet you.” Victoria tried to make an excuse to leave but Estevan insisted she stay. 



“Are you two being good for Victoria?” as he looked at the twins. They just looked at each other and just gave a cheeky smile.



Dawn asked, “Did you have a good date?” 



Victoria went bright red not knowing what to say when Will interrupted the conversation and said, “Victoria and I had a nice first date,” as he put his arm around her then he added, “I hope there will be a second date?”
Feeling a little embarrassed but excited, “I’d love that.” Will looked at her and said, “Dad and Dawn are helping move the twins to a different room and I was hoping you would help?”
“Is something wrong with their room?”



“No, it’s just I’ve decided to swap rooms with them.” Victoria was visibly shocked, “Oh I see…when do we start?”
“Now if you don’t mind.” Dawn and Victoria went to start packing up the twin’s room, while Estevan and Will started emptying his room.



“You ok, William?” He looked at his Dad and said, “I am doing the right thing, right?”
“Yes son, you are. After all if you and Victoria do work out, you both need to feel comfortable.”
“What do I do with Heather’s things?”
“Important items like pictures and jewellery give to the children and as for the rest ask Spencer or give away.” 



William felt a pain of sadness as he looked around the room, he never thought it would be so hard but he heard Victoria voice from across the hall as she laughed with Dawn and said firmly, “Dad I really like her.”
“I know it’s hard but to have a real chance with Victoria, you have to do this. I remember you and Blake reminding me I couldn’t mourn forever.”
“I hate when you throw my advice back in my face but you are right and so was I back then. “Let’s get this finished.” Estevan and William spent the next few hours decorating it; they moved the cots over and brought in the toys that were packed up. 






The twins wandered in and without saying a word went straight for their toy box and Will voiced, “I think they like it.” Estevan smiled while he watched them for a moment.
“William, do you want help with any other rooms?”
“The hall could do with a face lift, it covers 3 floors.” Estevan smiled, “I’ll get Dawn and Victoria to help me.”



Will was surprised at having Victoria to help when Estevan saw the look he added, “She is a very nice girl and I have a feeling about her. I mean if you want to make the bedroom for both of you read her mind.”
“Dad, I already know her favourite colours.”
“Then you know what to do.” Will decided there and then until he knew if they were serious about each other he would sleep in Matt’s old room. This way when it was right for them they could decorate the room together as a couple. 

9 comments:

  1. Moving on, finally. It's hard to put a time span on grief though. I do hope he's ready for the many changes he is planning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zhippidy,

      Will is moving forward and I do hope he is ready because as you say grief takes as long as it takes.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. Will seems to be making a lot changes very fast, I hope it works out for him. It's hard to move on after losing someone and thankfully Will has a close knit family to help him with the changes he's making.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dandy,

      He is making changes but it has been over 5 years since his wife's death so I think he wants to move forward and his family will help him.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. Love that Will is moving forward without being pushy on Victoria, I'm now just hoping that Spencer won't be upset with what he's doing and understands why though. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ivorybutterfly,

      I don't think Spencer will mind about his brother in-law moving on because he knows that he needs to move forward. Will is taking his time with Victoria though :)

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  4. It's nice that Dawn and Estevan are so supportive. It makes me uneasy that they can simply read people's thoughts instead like that, it feels like an intrusion of privacy. I know his heart is in the right place, but if I was Victoria I don't know if I'd like someone reading my thoughts all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,

      Estevan and Dawn are very supportive with the boys. Reading peoples minds are in their nature but Will has never taken advantage of this even though with Victoria he wanted to know a few things like what colour she liked. However he should have just asked her as that is more positive. Hopefully he will ask Victoria soon before he does any changes so she knows that she is included.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  5. Oh, that'll be so nice to see her so surprised to see the new room when he does it!

    ReplyDelete