Tuesday 9 April 2013

4.28 We have each other


As they watched the sun come up Lexy said, “The last few days have been great but I guess it’s time to get back to reality.” Holding Lexy, Blake replied, “This time we have each other. When we get back home we can…” 



Lexy turned around and held Blake’s face and said, “We do have each other but I have a house and I need to go home.”



Blake pulled away from Lexy and started to raise his voice, “No, you are not going back there and this is not up for discussion.” 



Lexy screamed back which took Blake by surprise, “I’m not someone you can control, Blake. I understand that you are worried because of what Adam did to me in the house but it is still my home. I mean your Dad is great but I don’t want to live with anyone’s parents.” After she said her piece she stormed off. Blake chased after her, “Lexy, wait.” A few minutes later Lexy stopped and said to Blake with a harsh tone, “What?”



“I didn’t mean it the way it came out.” Lexy just looked at him and replied, “Yes you did and you expected me to just go along with you and not put up a fight. I will not be a push over. I want a future with you but not if that means you think I will do everything you say.”
Blake in a firm tone replied, “This is not about controlling you Lexy. I’m worried about you going into the house and having flashbacks and being scared. However if you really need to go back then I will bring your things back to the house but if you feel uncomfortable at any time I’ll be there, agreed?”



Lexy tightened her grip around his waist, “Thank you.” Blake knew he could have handled it better but deep down he was worried. Since the night she was attacked she hadn’t been home and he wasn’t sure how stepping back into the house would affect her. He brushed his hand through her hair and softly replied, “I’m sorry the way I yelled, Lex. I’m just very worried about you.”
“I know you are but I will be fine.” She wasn’t convinced by her own words but hoped things would be fine, “To celebrate our last few hours here would you allow me to cook you dinner?”
“Blake that is sweet but we are staying with Will and Heather.” Blake had a grin on his face, “Ah but I have my Dad’s keys to the house.” He pulled her close and started to kiss her and in between kisses said, “We can be alone and enjoy each other’s company until our plane leaves.”
“Sounds wonderful. When do we go?” Blake cupped her face, “Now would be good.” 



Blake put dinner on and when he turned he saw how beautiful Lexy looked. He could resist but lean over the counter to kiss her. “When you said you wouldn’t live with parents…” 
Lexy smirked as she said, “Yes.”
“You wouldn’t spend the night either then?” 



She walked around to where Blake was standing and looked into his eyes, “I never said I wouldn’t spend the night but you don’t want to stay at mine, do you?” Blake looked away and paused then looking back at Lexy said, “No I don’t because of what happened.” Lexy walked over to the sofa and asked as she sat down, “How do we solve this?” Blake sat next to her, “I guess it’s time I moved out. I mean Dad will want his house back. Dawn will want to try for a baby and I’ll just be in their way. It’s either that or crash at my brother’s.”



“I could help you look.” She rested her head on his lap and he looked at her lovingly saying, “I’d really like that. Now if you would like to make your way to the table I’ll plate up dinner.”
Lexy sat waiting for her meal and suddenly the room went dark as Blake switched off the lights. Suddenly the table became lit by the glow of candles, he leaned in and kissed her putting a meal in front of her. “Dinner is served.” 



He sat opposite Lexy looking at her face glow with the flickering of light, “Lexy, What?”
“This is so sweet and once we are home it’s all going to end.” He saw a tear trickle down her face.
“Our relationship has only just started, please don’t cry.” 



He went over to her and held her in an embrace, “It’s just no man has ever been this romantic before.” As she wiped the tears from face, “What I mean is no man has ever cooked for me before.”
“I was taught how to cook and I learnt from Will that woman love a man that cooks.” Lexy started to laugh, “Your brother gave you good advice there. Is that how he won Heather?”
 “No and don’t ask me because he swore me to secrecy, you know a brother thing.”
“Now I am curious.”
“Let’s drop the subject as Heather doesn’t even know I know. Now let’s talk about us.”



When he sat back down they forgot about the meal as Lexy sat on his lap and asked, “What kind of house do you want?”
“As long as you visit I don’t care.” Lexy looked hurt and teased Blake, “You only want me to visit?”
He held her face and replied, “If you wanted to stay the night I wouldn’t say no.” 

11 comments:

  1. Except for the 'Blake-is-overbearing' fight, this was a very sweet chapter.
    I love how he cooked for her, but then they both got so caught up in each other that they forgot to eat! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mypalsim,

      Blake was overbearing to start but Lexy out him straight. He wasn't expecting that. Blake wants to impress her and so he cooked which by the end was wasted because they only had eyes for each other. It was sweet to see them like this.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, Blake got real controlling there for a sec. I understand why he did it, but he has to know Lexy has a home and RL she has to go back to no matter how traumatic she suffered. Now I'm curious about the type of guys she hung out with, I mean, it was just dinner and it made her cry, wait till he brings her flowers or proposes, I don't know what she'll do then.

    Who's that peeping Tom hiding behind the tree in pic# 6? Just asking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,

      Blake is worried for Lexy going home but I think she has to at least try. She also has to go back to her job and that will be hard on Blake because he will worry. The guys she dated were more like a waste of space and she has learnt along the way and Blake is sweet and kind but I'm glad she stop his controlling nature.

      If he does give flowers or proposes I really hope she doesn't cry.
      The guy in the picture was a passer-by, No-one creepy lol

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. hehehe, why do I get the feeling this is building up to them living together? Although, with his aversion to her house and her attachment to it, that could pose some problems. And his "that is not open for discussion" attitude might be a problem too, although it seems she put him in his place nicely this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Misty,

      Them live together what gave you that idea lol. She did put Blake in his place but with all that's gone on I think they can get through it.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  4. Okay, I like this couple too! Lexy is not a pushover. She has a mind of her own! Their argument made me laugh.

    I don't think that she had considered the fact that she might have flashbacks to what happened to her and it was really loving of Blake to tell her to call him if she needed him.

    I agree that it's time for him to find his own place now!

    Enjoyed it Lucky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daisies,

      Lexy is very sweet but as you stated she is not a pushover either. Blake tried to tell her what to do but got shot down straight away.
      Blake is very worried about Lexy but has said he will be there if she needs him. He needs a place of his own now he is older.
      Glad you enjoyed it too

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  5. These two are very lucky to have found each other.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zhippidy,

    They are very lucky :)

    Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lexy's very different from most people, wow, being able to go back so quickly to the house where she suffered that trauma. Either that, or she has no idea how being in that house will affect her...

    ReplyDelete