Tuesday 10 April 2012

2.12 Estevan


Estevan decided to take advantage the house being empty, it was nice to have a house full but it was nice to hear the sound of nothing throughout the house. He had just sat down when the door opened and he thought, it was nice while it lasted. No sound came from the hall but when he looked up; he found that he was staring at himself. The clothes the hair was different but he knew it was his own reflection or self when he was in his 20's.


"Yes it's you. I mean me, us." as he stared at his older self sitting in shock.
"It can't be; now go away."
"Remember we are the same person so, you know this is all real. You do remember the time machine in the garage; well that's how I'm here."




"I said get out." raising his voice.
"No. Now sit down and bloody well listen to me." Estevan sat back down just staring at his younger self, "You have 5 minutes."
"It will take as long as it takes so do us a favour and shut up. Remember our wife Holly, the woman who loved us the woman who kept us together, the one who..."
Estevan got angry and said, "Don't you dare talk about Holly to me."



"Why do you even care you left her and now I'm in pain, I mean just look at me, I mean you. I turn into you an ass with no feeling. Do you even remember what it feels like to love? She loved us and the boys and you destroyed her world and ours. You are full of anger and hate and have twisted sense of love for the boys. Do you even remember how you felt about Holly, the warmth of her skin the touch of her lips? Just the touch from her would make you shiver. She was perfect the way she was and you left her, she would have pull you through but you never gave her the chance and taking the boys away from her broke her heart and yet she still loved you. When was the last time you had sex? I'll tell you shall I, when you were with Holly your wife almost 30 years ago. That is a lot of frustration. You need to remember her..."
Feeling the rage he yelled, "I don't want to remember and besides she is dead my Holly is gone and what's point to remember when all I feel is pain and longing for a woman I can never hold or touch again." as he started to break down.



"I am leaving these here in the hope that it will remind you of love and belonging, so that you can see that the boys have grown up well and that loving someone is a good and not a bad thing so that you can relate to what they are going through. You also need to have more pictures of her around here to show the boys that she is still a part of this family and never forget."

He started to think about her, he remembered he was best mates with her brother, Jason and that was how he and Holly first met. She was the only person who would never put up with his shit. She could control him but she never knew the power she had over him. He didn't mind though and that was one of the reasons he never looked at anyone else. He could never betray her like that, that night he left took all his strength and if she had caught him leaving, he would never have gone.

She refused to sleep with him until their wedding night but as he remembered it was worth the wait. Holly may have been human but kept up with him all night and that was how William came to be.  He opened the package on the table, inside was a video tape and a photograph that he took of Holly on their wedding day along with a few other photos of them together. As he looked at each one in turn, feelings he tried to bury were coming to the surface. As he continued to look at the photo of Holly he ran his hand across her face and felt tears roll down his cheek. The overwhelming pain of giving up the person you care for the most was torture for him; the boys were the only thing that kept him going.




He knew what he was told was all true so he decided to swap the painting in the living room for Holly so that she would always be a part of their life.

When the boys saw the painting of their mother in the living room they both smiled.

Note: I wanted to explain his character but I decided to do it differently so I hope you still enjoyed this short chapter :)

14 comments:

  1. I feel a bit sorry for Estevan now. Even though he's a shit, he is capable of love, whether he will allow himself to ever again i suppose is another story all together.

    He does seem like he cares, but has a hard time showing it. Maybe now that some of those raw emotions have surfaced, he will let himself feel again, good chapter=)...edenz~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Edenz,

      Estevan is a shit but I think it comes from losing the most precious thing. Will he change or find love good question.

      Delete
  2. Their mother was a beautiful woman, and I loved this chapter, it was written from an unusual perspective, unusual good though. Well done for the creativity. And I'm glad his talk with his younger self seems to have done a mind shift on him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,

      She was beautiful and I'm glad you liked it. It was done from a different point of view. It was definitely creative and I'm glad so far it seems to have paid off.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. I can't explain exactly how this made me feel! It was so good, Lcky! I don't know why you worried. It may even be my favorite chapter!

    It made Estevan seem more real, and I can understand his emotions better now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daisies,

    Thank you. Estevan's emotions have been so up and down over the years. I think knowing the whole picture explains a lot. He was a better person when he was with his wife. Will he open up more to his boys, I hope so

    ReplyDelete
  5. ~ I understand Estevan a little better now,he is not heartless as I thought,but some one whom has buried his love deep inside himself!
    ~ We all know now what makes him tick,but his younger self,was right,better late than never to show you care!
    ~ Loved it!More when you can!(",)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karima,

      Estevan does have a heart but kept his feelings bottled up and even though he will still be an ass on occasions when it comes to his boys I hope he shows more understanding.

      Delete
  6. Sad, but enlightening. Really neat perspective as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zhippidy,

      Thank you for reading can't believe how quick you are getting through this :) An insight into his passed is sad but at least you see the whole picture and glad you liked the way it was done.

      Delete
  7. Wow Estavan is harsh, even to himself. Holly was awesome, I'm glad he put the picture up, especially for the boys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MyzKrazyMa,

      Estevan he was harsh to himself but I'm glad you like her picture she was a wonderful character :)

      Delete
  8. Aww Estevan. That's cool how you chose to tell the story of his past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LateKnightSimmer,

      Estevan does have a past and glad you liked it :)

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete