Tuesday 29 April 2014

6.3 A tale of love

Holly ran up to Draco begging him to pick her up, "Hay beautiful," as he picked her up. "Where's Daddy?" 


Holly pointed and Draco carried her in to where William was and watched as Cole refused to eat.


"Do you want me to try?"
"Thanks Draco." Will got out the way and Draco told Cole to eat as he sat in front of him. 


"Will, you need help, you need a nanny." Will looked at Draco and in a sarcastic tone said, "I suppose you are going to help me interview.” Draco had a smile and replied, "If she's pleasing to the eye then what a bonus for you." Will shook his head and said, " I told you before I'm not interested..."
"And I told you cuz, you have mourned long enough." The doorbell rang and Draco continued, "Must be the first nanny to interview."
Will was in shock, “I didn't advertise the position."
"No I did. You are needed back at work properly and I need my cousin back with a smile on his face."


Draco answered the door and showed the candidate to the living room but Draco spoke before William could and said, "Take a seat Miss..."
"Victoria West." William just looked at her and thought, 'She is beautiful, I hate when Draco could be right.'
"Which one of you gentleman are Mr William Granger?" Draco smiled and said in a funny tone, "I've been called many things before but never a gentleman."
William finally spoke, "I'm William Granger and the twins are my children. I have 3 children but my eldest Art is grownup so you don't have to worry about him. Have you ever looked after children before, vampire children?" 


She looked at William and smiled, "No but I'm a quick learner may I meet them?"
"Their names are Holly and Cole." Draco volunteered to get the twins so they could meet Victoria.
"What are you looking for in a nanny?" William thought for a moment and said, "I will need a live in nanny as I work a lot, however I do make time for my children. Art will help out from time to time."
"If you don't mind me asking but where is their mother?" William sighed and said with a heartbreaking tone, "Heather died while in child birth."
Victoria studied his face and saw the sadness in his eyes and replied, "You have so much sadness in your face, children will pick up on that and please don't take it the wrong way but they need to see their Dad smile and happy." Will was about to respond when the twins walked in. 


Holly went straight for her Dad and he instantly picked her up and cuddled her. Cole hated how his sister always got cuddles first but before William could pick him up, Victoria scooped him up and started to play with him. Cole was laughing and having fun which shocked both Draco and William because Cole hated strangers. 


Then Holly wanted her turn in Victoria's arms and screamed to get down. Suddenly they were fighting over Victoria's attentions. William shouted and the twins stopped, "Miss West when can you start?"
"I can start straight away but you haven't even shown me around the house or my bedroom."
Draco couldn't resist and said to Will through his thoughts, 'You can always show her to your room." 


Will glared at him as he started to give Victoria the grand tour around the house. He showed her each room and when they got to the top level he opened the door to a bedroom and said," This will be your room." 


Victoria looked disappointed and said, "But it's so far from the twins, they may need me."
Will felt an instant attraction towards Victoria but at the same time he felt wary. In the five years that had passed since Heathers death, Will hadn’t dated anyone but as he watched her look around her new bedroom he wanted to ask her out. 


Then a thought had occurred to him, ‘A good looking woman like that must have a boyfriend. Plus she is the twin’s nanny and if we broke up they would be losing someone else all over again.'


Lexy was taking a stroll when she saw the receptionist sitting on the park bench looking miserable, "Excuse me, aren't you the woman who takes the despatch calls."
"Oh my, you are the boss. Sorry I'll get out your way." 


She started to walk away but Lexy stopped her, "Look come to my house, you look as if you need someone to talk too."


She stood there as Lexy made them a drink and said, "You have a beautiful home."
"It was a wedding present from my father in-law, your name is Ellen?"
"Yes boss."
"My name is Lexy not boss now tell what has upset you." 


They took a seat and Ellen started to explain, "I've been moving around the past 5 years because I made a terrible mistake and now I think I may have to return home defeated." She sighed as Lexy watched Ellen look away. "A problem shared is sometimes what you need."


Ellen looked out the window and carried on with her tale, "When you are growing up, you often hear a story of when you aren't looking for love it can just hit you in the face with no warning. I was one of those typical girls who never believed in such crap. You see when guys see me they really try it on." 


She sat back down looking at Lexy, "Until one day it happened to me. I was cruel to him and when he kissed me, what a kiss. I suddenly wanted his hands all over me, to be lying next to him but I got so scared of these feelings that I freaked out. I told him never to see me again and he kept his word. All I know he is a vampire and has sweet looking eyes."
Lexy smiled, "Sounds romantic and yet you are chasing him."
"I've looked in every town but nothing; I don't even know his name." Lexy replied, "I'm a good cop so tell me all you know and I'll see what I can find out."


"You hardly know me..."
"True but I'll do anything for love. Now where did the incident take place?" Ellen looked cautiously but decided maybe her boss could help. "It happened in my home town of Paradiso, the Island Paradiso." Lexy had an idea and was secretly overjoyed that the girl, Art had gone on about all these years could be the same one sitting with her, "What did this young man of yours look like?"
"I wish he was mine but he was tall, very handsome and eyes you could get lost in..." Lexy had to interrupt Ellen and ask, "Don't you mean sexy with a body to die for. Look if that how you really feel don't dress it up because you talking to me." Ellen smiled, "Yes ok he is sexy as hell, and his hair was a bit long and...He just looked so sexy and I let my fear get in the way and I pushed him away." 


Lexy pulled out a picture and said, "I want to hang this up but haven't found the right place. What do you think of the picture?" Ellen looked at the picture and then gasped in shock, "It’s him there standing in the white shirt but how..."


Lexy looked at Ellen, "My husband Blake has an older brother William and the guy you like is his son Art, so he's my nephew. I've heard the same story from Art time and time again. One thing you should know about vampires is once they fall in love that's it and Ellen he is madly in love with you."

9 comments:

  1. Poor Ellen, that would be such a shock... I hope se figure out what to do :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Ellen, what a shock for her, I hope Lexy helps her figure out what to do :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IvoryButterfly,

      Ellen was shocked and hopefully she will work things out ;)

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. William will do well with someone to help with the twins. I hope he doesn't do a rebound sort of move though.
    Will Art be surprised to see Ellen I wonder. Probably. I am not so sure about her though... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zhippidy,

      William does the help but I agree I hope he doesn't do a rebound thing with Victoria. Art will properly be in shock, I hope he takes it well. Hopefully you will like Ellen soon :)

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  4. I think getting a nanny is a good idea, Will is obviously stretched to the limit. And he's right about starting something with the nanny, if it didn't work out, the twins would hurt the most. It seems fate is working to bring Ellen and Art together again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,

      Getting a nanny is a good idea as Will can't do this by himself. He does like her but question is how long can he stay away but he is right it would affect the twins but if he takes his time maybe things could have a chance. Fate is working to bring the youngsters back together lol

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  5. So... just like that,she's hired? No background check? Sorry, I guess I'm overthinking. :)
    Yeeeeaaaaahhhhh, Will needs to be very careful about how he feels about the new nanny, not that this is the first time this sort of thing has happened, quite the opposite. But still.

    Hehe. Looks like Art's lady love has come looking for him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mypal,

      Yes Victoria was hired on the spot lol and yes you are over thinking lol. Art's lady did come looking, yay.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete