Tuesday 20 August 2013

5.3 Interview




Estevan and Blair glared at the new candidate sitting opposite them. Estevan started the questions, “Here it says on your CV you are of no fixed abode, can you explain what you mean?”
Ty was sweating he had heard the stories and now he was face to face with the legends and he was nervous, “It means Sir that I have no permanent residence.” Blair asked a question, “If you were to get the job, where could we find you?”
“I have a mobile.” 



They both came around the table and looked at him squirming in his chair, “That was the wrong answer.”



“Sirs please I need this job. I have a plan to go back to school but I need a place to stay and food to eat so I have to work. I was in foster care and I hated it so please give me the job I’ll work hard.”



Estevan and Blair asked him to wait outside while they discussed his future, “We could mould him.”
Blair thought for a moment, “We could but if he has no address…”
“He could live on the resort while working for us…” 



William walked in and said, “A nervous kid is pacing the floor.”
“He’s here for the job at the resort while he continues with his education but he has no fixed address.”
“Your Dad was thinking his could live at the resort.” William thought for a moment and replied, “I’ll check with Heath but I think because he’s roughly the same age as Art we could take him in. What’s his name?”
“We are going to shorten his name to TJ.” 



They called him back in, “This is William my son. He and his wife Heather have a son about the same age as you and are offering you board while you work for us.”
Blair added, “You will operate the front desk in the evenings and all weekend during the day.”
Estevan had a thought and voiced it, “No he won’t operate the resort desk he will be our helper.”
Ty gulped, “What do you mean Sir.”
“I say jump, you say how high.” 



Ty ran to the door, “See no backbone.” Ty turned around and faced Estevan, “I have backbone, take your best shot and I will prove I’m worth the money you pay me.”
William smiled and said, “Follow me and I’ll show you your new room.”



Daphne had been hiding while the interview had taken place and Blair asked, “So do we need to watch TJ?”
“He’ll be a hard worker guaranteed.”
Estevan knew his mother too well, “But…”
“What and spoil the fun, never. I’m just going to love watching this. See you later boys; I’m off to see your father now behave, won’t you.”     
“Your mother is evil when she holds back information.”
“She knows something but what?”



William found Art playing on the drums, “Why are you playing on Matt’s drum set?”
“I rang and asked him. Who’s this?”



“This is TJ. This is my son Art.” They nodded at each other and William said, "Art will show you to your room. Art it’s the one next to Matt’s room. Dinner will be in an hour, anything you don’t like TJ?”
“No Sir.”
“The name is Will, I hate Sir and my wife is to be called Heather.”



After he left them alone, Art showed TJ to his new room, “Nice room.”
“You hate the colour.” Ty looked at him and replied, “Yellow is not my colour. I prefer black or blue and my real name is Ty Jones.”



“Cool, who named you TJ?”
“Your granddad and uncle.”
“It means you’re in their good books, my advice; keep it that way.”
“Sounds good, are you in their bad books?”



“My granddad and I had an argument but we will sort it soon, I just can’t believe he is having another baby.”
“Is that so bad?” Art looked shocked, “I just wish I was having a brother or sister not another Aunt or Uncle.”
“Things will be fine. Now I’m starving so let’s go and eat.” 

8 comments:

  1. Ty will unknowingly get into Blair's good graces :)
    His interaction with Art was pretty cool. He made Art question himself a bit. I am looking forward to seeing Ty in the mix. He adds a nice freshness to the old clan. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zhippidy,

    Ty is a good character I think. Blair's good books I hope you are right and is does add a new look lol

    Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say jump. You say how high.
    LOL!
    I wonder how long it'll take until they figure out who Ty is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mypalsim,

      Yes Estevan was testing Ty hehe. I doubt it will take them that long but Daphne already knows but won't tell the boys. Naughty Daphne hehe

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  4. I really like TJ already! I'm glad that they gave him the job. He seems to really want someone just to give him a chance! I believe him when he says that he'll be a hard worker. He and Art seem to be getting along already.

    I wonder what Daphne knows about him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daisies,

      I'm glad you like Ty. They saw a bit him in themselves and I think that is what prompt them to give him the job. Art and Ty I believe will be good friends just what they both need.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  5. I think Ty will stay in Blair's good books as long as he doesn't make googoo eyes at Harmony. I like that they gave Ty a chance. I can't wait to hear his story. Hopefully he and Art can become good friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,

      Ty needed the chance and lucky for him they gave him the job. Googoo eyes at Harmony lol, lets hope Blair doesn't notice hehe but I have a feeling he will.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete