Tuesday 24 July 2012

3.11 Not knowing what to do



Dawn had collected her post from the mail box and noticed a colourful envelope. When she opened it there was an invitation inside and it read, 'You are invited to the opening night of The Basement.' Dawn plus one.




She didn't read past the plus one. 'He is telling me to bring someone.' The thought of never seeing Estevan again after tomorrow now filled her with dread. When he had first asked he out she was right that her career came first. Their first encounter wasn't ideal but she took the job anyway but from the moment he put his arm around her saying he wasn't giving up was all it took. The lowering of his voice that day sent shivers down her spine. The thought of him bursting in the door and taking her in his arms and making love to her even made her heart skip a beat.



Dawn was also angry at Estevan, he told her I won't give up but here in this invite there was a plus one. How dare he treat her this way! Dawn had to do something, she was going to ring him and tell him there was not going to be a plus one and she had changed her mind about that date. Dawn didn't care how it looked all she knew was that she had to be in his arms before her body exploded with all this desire inside.




"Dad your phone is ringing, are you going to answer it?" Blake said.
"No. I'll just let it ring."
"Who are you avoiding?"
"Not avoiding Blake, just making sure I get what I want in the end."




"What the hell are you on about?"
"It's Dawn; I guess she wants that date after all."
"Isn't that what you wanted, Dad?"
"I still do but Dawn turned me down."
"How do you know it's not a professional call?"
"I just do. Besides I want to know that she really wants me."
Blake had a horrible thought, "Dad please tell me you are not planning to you know...have sex?"
Estevan smiled, "Blake how do you think you and Will got here? Besides it is none of your business if I do or don't."
Blake decided this conversation was getting out of hand and left his Dad alone. The phone rang again.



Putting the phone down again, 'Doesn't he want me? Why won't he talk to me?' Dawn had never been like this and hated that Estevan made her feel so vulnerable.  Dawn tried to work but she couldn't focus. After a few minutes she picked up the phone to see if there was a missed call or texted but still there was nothing. She needed to get out of apartment so decided to go shopping for an outfit for the club. She must have tried on a dozen different dresses and shoes but nothing seemed right.





Estevan needed to work off his frustrations so worked out in his gym for a while. He had let himself go lately and wanted to look good. His thoughts about Dawn were getting to him. Those eyes lusting after him and her soft lips pressed against his were driving him to the brink but he wasn't going to mess it up. He'd only ever slept with one woman and that was on their wedding night.




He could have any woman he wanted but unlike most men who would sleep with any woman, Estevan was very picky. He missed being in relationship, the romantic walks, talking for hours even just being able to hold that person. Making love was just a small but great part. He loved it there was no denying that but for him it was a package deal not just a one night fling.



The phone rang and Dawn answered it hoping it was Estevan but it was a new client wanting work done on the house. She made her excuses as to why she was unable to take the job but it was all lies. If he wouldn't answer the phone then she wanted to make sure his eyes only noticed her when she was in the club.




She tried every dress in her wardrobe; he'd seen her in that dress. 






She looked fat in that one; her bum looked too big in this one. 'What am I doing? I'm not fat; I just need to make sure he sees me. What if he doesn't notice me? Does that PLUS ONE, mean I've really blown it. Why, oh why did I turn down that date? He was so sweet to me that day. 




Why am I really trying, he is obviously telling me he's no longer interested in me.' She was almost at breaking point as Dawn collapsed on the floor in tears. Dawn had never been in love so couldn't understand what these feeling were. Dawn was very successful in her career everything in her apartment was bought and paid for by her. She was self-employed, she had her own money but realising she wasn't successful at everything made her admit she needed to allow herself to open up and let someone in her life.
She knew she had blown it with Estevan but would still go to the opening night and show him she didn't care. She was going on her own to show him that she was independent and happy being alone. Dawn would put on her brave face and hoped the real her would not show through.

13 comments:

  1. Ah poor Dawn.Estevan should stop playing mind games with her. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,

      Estevan wants Dawn and will get her anyway he can and Dawn is now a mess.

      Thanks for reading and glad you liked it :)

      Delete
  2. ~ The internal debate begins & wrestles with every part of her being!!!!!!!!
    ~ Estevan has tilted her axis of life, making her doubt her success in everything!
    ~ I love it!
    ~ Poor Dawn I wonder if it is too late!
    ~ If Estevan does not be careful he may have over played his hand & lost what he was after!Dawn!!!!!
    ~ Want to know more,ASAP!Loved it BTW!(",)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karima,

      Estevan is playing his game and Dawn is in a mess with what she wants. Will they both get what they want, it will be interesting to find out :)

      Thanks for reading, more soon I promise :)

      Delete
  3. Men anyways just trouble. Poor down will fall for this guy then what? Loved your chapter.☻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PoisonIvy,

      Men are trouble at times but what will happen if and when Dawn falls for him, who knows :)

      Thanks for reading

      Delete
  4. That Estevan better stop playing games or things are going to blow up in his face. Or.. Dawn may blow up in his face!GRRRRR Mind games.... hate em. Makes for great drama though, hehe.

    I wanna know what happens at the party!!!!!!!!! Please let it be the next update and don't make me wait longer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mypalsim1,

    Estevan get what he wants who knows but Dawn is going nuts. Everything will be revealed at the party I hope!

    Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess the control-freak aspect of Estevan's character is really showing through. I have very mixed feelings reading this. I think his thoughts on why he wants a relationship are nice, but, his manipulation to get what he wants, not so nice. Maybe he just has no clue on how to interact with a lady that he likes. It's like a conquest to him it seems, as opposed to developing a nice relationship. Can't wait to see what happens next :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zhippidy,

    Estevan controlling I hope not. He is falling for Dawn but wants her to admit that she feels the same way.

    Dawn could stop the games but I think it now down to her but will she come clean?

    Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is playing with her mind! LOL

    She is totally his now. Poor Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heeeheeeheee, Dawn. Now you regret turning him down. Estevan's playing with you, but you don't know it. Now if you go to the opening, Dawn, and Estevan shows you he likes you, you better tell him you like him or he'll just keep drawing this out. XD

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like how you did the invitation. That was a neat touch. On a side note dawn's apartment is the same one I use for my character Madeline in my story lol.

    ReplyDelete