Tuesday 13 May 2014

6.5 What's there to think about

“Morning Baby,” as Blake greeted Lexy in bed. Lexy smiled as she kissed him then Blake added, “Happy 6th anniversary.”



“I can’t believe we have been married that long, lucky for you then I have the weekend off.” Blake grinned as he said, “Lucky me and you know my favourite hobby is you.” 



Lexy blushed as they shared a passionate kiss. 



Blake pulled Lexy up and gave her a gift and when she opened it she stared at the gift of a new ring. Lexy said thank you but her emotions over whelmed her and she left the room leaving the box to one side with the ring still in there. 



Blake followed her and saw her looking out of the window and asked, “I thought you’d love the ring so what is wrong?”



“It’s beautiful and I do love it but don’t you think this house it too big for us?” Blake wasn’t sure what Lexy was getting at and replied, “It’s perfect for us, why?” 



Lexy turned around and said, “When I told you Nathan looked good in your arms you said we could try for a baby. Then when I bring the subject up again you took me on holiday as if that would make it go away. Every time I want to try you avoid the subject. We have been married a few years now please can we talk about this?” Blake knew he couldn’t avoid the subject forever and said, “I’d be a crap Dad…I mean looking after my brother is one thing but I can always hand him back besides you’d be the great mum.”
Lexy was in shock, “Is that what you think, that you would be a bad parent. I’m terrified but I know this is what I want and we would learn together. I want our baby just please promise me you will think about this before you say anything else.” Blake held her and said, “I will think about it.”



Victoria was enjoying her morning off by taking a swim. William watched her every move and kept thinking, ‘I can’t ask her out. No. I need to accept I’ve had my time with a wonderful woman and now I have the twins to bring up.’ 



He was about to go back inside when he saw Victoria get out of the pool in an almost nude bathing suit, hugging her in all the right places when he heard, “Just ask her out bro.” 



Will turned around and said, “Isn’t it your anniversary?”
“I told Lexy I was getting food for tonight’s romantic dinner after she started on about having a baby again so I needed time to think.” Will looked at his brother and said, “Don’t you want a child of your own?”



Blake sighed, “I watch you and you are always saying it is difficult and that you are tired.”
“Everything you have said is true but I wouldn’t change being a parent for anything. Being a parent is terrifying but rewarding at the same time. The moment you hold that child in your arms, there is nothing like it. I will be here if you need help and the twins would love cousins to play with.”
“You really think I could be a good Dad?”
“You and Lexy would be great together, I say go for it, you might even surprise yourself.”
Blake smiled and said, “Thanks bro and what are you going to do about Victoria?” Will looked into the air and replied, “I just don’t want people to think that I love Heather less for liking someone new.”
“Talk to her before making your decision.”
“I’ll think on it. Have you heard from Philippe?” Blake nodded and replied, “Yeah, mother and baby doing well.”
“No doubt when he is back he will be showing baby pictures.” 



Victoria walked past and said, “Oh excuse me I didn’t know you had company.” Will was about to introduce his brother when Blake said, “I’m Will’s brother and you must be Victoria, Will speaks very highly of you. If you don’t mind me saying but you are very pretty, is there boyfriend?” Victoria giggled and replied, “You think I’m pretty, thanks. I don’t have a boyfriend because I’ve yet to find a man who ticks every box for me.”
Blake raised his eye brow then he heard through his thoughts, ‘What are you doing? I will speak to her when I’m ready.’
‘Will I’m only trying to help.’ 



When Blake left Victoria asked, “When do the twins start nursery?”
“I’ve haven’t put their names forward. Would you like to join the twins and me at the park?” Victoria blushed and asked, “Are you sure?”
“The twins would never forgive me if I didn’t offer.” Victoria looked disappointed and said, “Maybe another time.” 



Victoria hurried out of the room feeling hurt and rejected, Will went after her and when he got to her room he knocked and walked in, “Did I offend you?”
Victoria composed herself and replied, “No, it’s just I remembered I have cleaning to do and we can’t have the house looking a mess.” Will could sense something was wrong but decided not to push the matter at this point and left. 



She threw herself on the bed and thought about leaving her new job but the twins had grown on her and she couldn’t bare to be apart from them but the problem she had was William was growing on her too and some nights she could have sworn that he was the other side of the door wanting to confess that he was starting to feel the same way.



After their romantic meal, Lexy pushed herself on to Blake and asked, “Have you thought about us becoming parents?”
Blake pulled her closer as he kissed her passionately, “Baby I’m scared of being a parent but I think together we could be good parents so I think it’s the right time.” Lexy’s eyes widened as she stepped up the passionate kiss and whispered in his ear, “Let’s start right now.”
“I’m all for that.”

6 comments:

  1. I'm confused, why was Victoria feeling hurt and rejected? I mean Will did ask her to join them at the park and she refused? Sorry if this sounds like a dense question. Just confused. On another note, Lexy finally got what she wanted, but my question is Blake really on board because he wants a baby now, or because Lexy wants one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,

      Victoria likes William a lot but wanted him to ask her to the park and not just because of the twins, she wanted to know that he wanted her there for him too. Lexy and Blake are going to finally try for this baby and yes I do think Blake is on board.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. All caught up! Phew, there's a lot going on right now!

    Draco needs a good kick in the pants!! Oh my goodness is he a mess!

    Art, I'm glad he's found his girl again and that they seem to be getting along so well.

    Will, just ask her out on one date and see how it goes. Although I can also understand why he's reluctant.

    I think both Blake and Lexi will make good parents. Most people worry about whether or not their going to be a good parent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandybeachgirl,

      Glad you are caught up :) Draco needs more than a kick but will he get one? Art is just madly in love.
      Will should just ask her out and see what she says and yes Blake and Lexy will make great parents.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. All right. I have a feeling I'm gonna wanna strangle both William and Victoria several times coming up soon, but that's just how it is. :)
    Aw! More cute, little vampire babies on the way! Blake will be fine. Like William said, there's something that happens the first time you hold your own baby in your arms. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mypal,

      Strangle William and Victoria, noooooo. Yes more cute little vampire babies. Blake will love being a Daddy :)

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete